cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data does not work

davoudyc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined public mobile two weeks ago and when I try to use my data it says "No Service"; I am paying for this plan.

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the updated info, @imm1304!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

@srlawren

Slight change in the factory reset approach has emerged from user feedback over the recent weeks.

A "Network reset" seems to solve the problem for majority of people. 

This can be done by going to Settings >> General >> Backup & Reset >> Network reset

imm1304

Hi @Jolkabace!

If the data was working for the firs month or two, then it could simply be that your daughter used up all the data included in the plan.  If this is the case, data should be back on when your plan renews.  Take a look at the data usage in phone setting to figure out what uses up most of the data on your phone and you can plan better for future.  

You can easily check this in your account at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

After signing in, look on the Overview page and your data add-on should be listed.  If you don't see any data add-on equal to the data inlcuded in your plan, then it means all data is used up.  

Jolkabace

no... I was with PM for 3 months now... my payment is coming up on July 27. 

I signed up with you April 28. If my daughter used all data so the data will start working only from July 28?

srlawren

@Jolkabace have you just recently moved to Public Mobile from another provider?  If so, you may need to factory-reset your phone in order to get the data flowing.  This is a known issue with a number of LG models, when moving from one carrier to another.  I don't personally know if the Power is one of those models, but most of the G-series definitely is.  @imm1304 any thoughts?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jolkabace

I followed all steps still does not work.... Please help solve it. I had no data  working for a month... and I am getting frustrated here....

Please email me at j*********@gmail.com 

Thanks

Jolkabace
I configure my LG Power according to your specifications. My data still does not work.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@davoudyc,

You need to enable Mobile Data and configure your APN to be able to send pictures (MMS) and navigate on internet (DATA)

Do you have an iPhone or Android phone ?

Android APN step-by-step configuration :

Lithium-OrangeBullet-Jan23-00.jpgStep 1

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Click here for Android APN Screen Shot

Lithium-OrangeBullet-Jan23-00.jpgStep 2

You will need to input the following information :

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,supl,mms,dun

Lithium-OrangeBullet-Jan23-00.jpgStep 3

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.

Need Help? Let's chat.