cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My add on isn't working and I need urgent help

tlscully
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I need to talk to someone immediately about my plan.

I've paid for 400mins intl calling as an add on and I urgently need to phone home (Australia) to sort some things amongst the Covid-19 changes. 

Please call or contact my ASAP as I am stranded without international calling.

Taz

8 REPLIES 8

Since Public Mobile does not offer an option to call Australia directly (but you can still text) - here are two examples of non-internet based calling services I've used that have competitive rates, both have local access numbers across Canada:

• Rebtel - $5 for unlimited calling to Australia for 1 month, or 83 minutes (6c/min) that don't expire until consumed.
  • GoldLine - 3.33c/min, prepay in $10, $20, $50 increments.

@tlscully wrote:

Hi I need to talk to someone immediately about my plan.

I've paid for 400mins intl calling as an add on and I urgently need to phone home (Australia) to sort some things amongst the Covid-19 changes. 

Please call or contact my ASAP as I am stranded without international calling.

Taz

Sorry, but you cannot call Australia using your Public Mobile service, at least not directly.

Earlier, some people mentions apps that you can use to make phone calls. That is certainly an option. If you wish to make calls without needing to use the internet, there are websites (as well as traditional convenience store calling cards) that will sell you long distance minutes and provide you with a an access phone number to call that will direct your call to Australia. I typed in "onlnie prepaid long distance distance" in a Google search and the first two options that showed up are Vox and CiCi.

@tlscully 

.Your best best is to download WhatsApp. Tell the person you're trying to reach to download same thing on their phone.

Call, message, video calls free over wifi.

@JoyLuck  Public Mobile is prepaid and any Addons clearly state what the add-on is before buying. Public mobile does not issue refunds to people that do not read before purchase. Screenshot below shows it clearly lists what countries can be called.

Screenshot_20200317_200329_com.android.chrome.jpg

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @tlscully 

Take a look at internetcalls.com

For 10 you get 120 days off free calling then it will be less team 2 cents per minute after you deplete all the money you can top up and have another 120 minutes if free calls.

You can call in like a card. You can set it as a calling account on your native Android dialer (if your phone allows). You can use their app. You can call from browser phone2phone (note if you use phone2phone you are using double the minutes as they are dialing simultaneously your phone and your family phone)

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

When possible, contact moderator to see if you can get a refund/credit on the add on.

Please contact a Moderator who can access your account to assist you:

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page

Step 2: Tell “Simon”what the issue is

Step 3: Ask for “Moderator””

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6: Create your ticket

After submission, monitor your private message box in the top right hand corner by selecting the envelop icon.The Moderator’s reply will be in your inbox folder. Your sent folder will contain your ticket submission.

Some web browser are a bit finicky with contacting SIMon, therefore you can use this link to contact a moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tlscully You can try getting a calling card, or Skype over WiFi. And there is always the texting.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire
400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Australia not on list:

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Need Help? Let's chat.