cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My US roaming add on expired 2 days ago but its not showing up again for me to add it for 10 days

Saru
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For past 2 months I have been activating US roaming talk, text, data add-on for $20 every 10 days, it usually shows up each time within 24 hours of expiring but this time it has been 2 days and its not showing up as an add-on option.

13 REPLIES 13

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Saru wrote:

I have been looking every hour post 24 hour expiry, it always shows up since I have been doing this for past 2 months now, but this time its not showing up. Thanks.

I'm curious why you are not seeing the US add-On as I have not previously heard of this bug.

If you're willing to retry, can you log off Self-Serve, clear browser cache and retry using incognito mode? Thanks

It won't show up until the 10 days + 1 (or 2) days goes by. Once you see it in the 10 Day US Roaming Add-ons section, then you can buy it agin.

Saru

Ended up switching to the $60 plan for August and set up back to $25 plan on next renewal date.

Saru

I did log out and logged in on different browsers and devices, it just isn't showing up. 

@Saru wrote:

I have been looking every hour post 24 hour expiry, it always shows up since I have been doing this for past 2 months now, but this time its not showing up. Thanks.

I'm curious why you are not seeing the US add-On as I have not previously heard of this bug.

If you're willing to retry, can you log off Self-Serve, clear browser cache and retry using incognito mode? Thanks

@Saru wrote:

I know about this plan, I need US roaming for all of August, so if I change my plan for a month can I go back to my 25$ monthly plan for september?

This is a decision you need to make.  As it's another full month, I might do this is if I were on the $25 plan that is currently in the market.  The only drawback would be if the $25 was no longer available when you return to Canada.

If there's another similar plan available that may be fine when you return, I'd still go ahead.

I suggest doing an immediate change to the $60 plan if you need it immediately, and only if you're okay with losing your current plan and whatever time is remaining on it.  Otherwise, keep checking for the addon to reappear.

The local SIM is also a great option if you can find included calls and text back to Canada (if you need that).  If you can not lose your $25 plan -- do not change from what you're doing.

I'm on a terrific plan from 2016 that I will not change from as I can not get it back.  They'll either have to increase my cost to a level I'm not comfortable paying, or give me an even better offer.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR wrote:

@SaruYes you can change back to the $25 plan, just do it before renewal date 

@Saru as long as the plan is still being offered at the time you schedule the plan change.  If Public Mobile decides to alter the $25 plan from what it looks like today before such time as you schedule your plan change back to it, you would get whatever the $25 plan looks like at that time.  If PM decides to not offer any $25 plan at all, you would have to choose something else. 

The point being: you can only choose from plans that are being offered at the time you schedule the plan change.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@SaruYes you can change back to the $25 plan, just do it before renewal date as there is a long standing bug that downgrading causes the system to hiccup.. However I would consider getting a local US SIM card.. it is quite a bit cheaper than $20*3 every month for roaming even if it for prepaid, prepaid in the States is usually more expensive than plans.

Saru

Thanks for moderator link, I might have to do just that.

Saru

Saru

I know about this plan, I need US roaming for all of August, so if I change my plan for a month can I go back to my 25$ monthly plan for september?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Saru, unless you're only in the US for a short period of time, and don't expect to return anytime soon, there's a new $60 special offer you may be interested in, including all the time roaming talk, text and 2GB of data in the US.

Take a look at this link: $60 Special Offer (limited time only)

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you still don't see it then message a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Saru 

You should see it back soon. Try again in a few minutes. I think it becomes available after 24+ hours.

Meanwhile if any other Add-Ons look appealing to you, you can alternate between the 2 Add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.