cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My US Roaming Add - On only worked a day and half.

frcdoodles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a 10 day US Roaming Phone call and Text add - on on July 7, 2019 before vacationing in the US. It only worked for 1.5 days before I suddenly lost the service. I have not been able to make / receive calls, niether am I able to send / receive test messages. I have sent two private messages to the moderator looking for some assistance, yet no acknowledge, no reply, and still no service. What is my option here? Can I request a refund for non existing paid service? 

20 REPLIES 20

frcdoodles

Thank you. Not to worry. I only give them my phone number and email address. 🙂

frcdoodles

Finally got all my stored up messages and VMs in. 

frcdoodles

Update

Thank you so much for the tips. After many attepmts of adjusting my settings and rebooting, my Roaming add on finally worked after a day and half on strike. I receveid more than 20 stored up text messages and 10 VMs, and my mom and dad finally got the text messages I sent to them since yesterday afternoon. All this points to PM's failed network connection which had caused the loss of paid service and delayed transmission. Sad! I did get what I paid for. I will continue the use of my US SIM from now on. Even though it will cost me more, at least I will get reliable service.  

@Luddite @geopublic ok thank you for the info  much respect to you both

@RossN wrote:

@geopublic  hi that was a copy straight from a moderator so maybe tell them Smiley Happy

Just to confirm @geopublic's suggestion:  I was personally told this spring during a meeting with PM that personal account information should not be included in the 1st private message to moderators. Apparently there is some concern about privacy and ensuring moderators are connected with the account holder.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@geopublic  hi that was a copy straight from a moderator so maybe tell them Smiley Happy

@RossN wrote:

@frcdoodles  ok sorry to hear that you can contact a mod here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Provide them with the following information.

Name:

Account number: 

Email: 

4 digit account pin: 

Phone number:

@RossN For security purposes Public Mobile has in place account verification procedures so providing account and PIN is not recommended. Since the OP was able to post they will also be able to verify tbeir account via online if requested by the moderator.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@frcdoodles wrote:

Yes, the US add - on still showing. 

Well, I have not been able to receive any calls or messages.

Not receiving sms  indicates you are not connected to a network?  (unless no one has sent you a message) Did you try manual searching for t-mobile or atnt? 

Does the phone show network if do which one?

@frcdoodles  it's odd that you cannot even receive sms messages since you dont even need the addon for that did you accidently put do not disturb on or maybe airplane mode?

@frcdoodles wrote:

Can you please show us a snapshot of your Account Overview page (without your personal details of course)?

frcdoodles

Thank you so much for the tips. 

I will try it as soon as I sign out of here. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@frcdoodles 

Here are some troubeshooting steps you can take while waiting for Moderator reply.

Check your Self Account to make sure all is okay:
- Your plan needs to be active.
- Your Add-On should be displayed as well.

Check your phone device
- reboot your phone.
- Make sure roaming is enabled.
- try alternating between automatic and manually selecting a network provider.

Please keep us updated.

frcdoodles

frcdoodles

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've done that already. I've already sent two private messages to the moderator, unfortunately I have not received any help. I was just informed that it may take them 48 hours prior to anything can be done. This really sucks, as I will be coming back to Canada before they respond, therefore, will not even require the service. 

@frcdoodles 

As you wait for moderator, 

1. Try rebooting your phone.

2. Toggle airplane off and on.

3. Make sure roaming is turned on.

4. Try lost/stolen phone trick. Seems to reset your phone/SIM card

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@frcdoodles  just some basic questions troubleshooting

1) does the USA Addon still show in your selfserve overview page?

2) are you connected to tmobile or at&t  mybe try doing a manual search

3) are you able to receive sms (you do not need an addon to receive sms)

@frcdoodles  ok sorry to hear that you can contact a mod here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Provide them with the following information.

Name:

Account number: 

Email: 

4 digit account pin: 

Phone number:

frcdoodles

I bought the add - on on Jul.7, 2019, and I used it 11th and 12th, as before that I didn't need to used my own add-on. It worked full day on the 11th and about half a day in the 12th. I noticed not having any service yesterday afternoon when my mom complained via email that she had been unable to reach me through my cell. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@frcdoodles hi did you buy the add on the day you left or 8.5 days before it works from the day you bought it

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@frcdoodles Unfortunately Public Mobile Moderators can take them up to 48 hours to respond to you. That's the price we pay for trying to save a few bucks.
Need Help? Let's chat.