cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My US-Canada Add on did not work on my iphone

maramshaat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I traveled to NY, USA and before my trip I made sure to add the USA-CANADA add on plan for both my father and I, once we arrived it did not work whatsoever. How could I get compensated for the amount that i paid? 

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maramshaat wrote:

Thanks ShawnC13

Yes i did follow the steps and it shows that i have the add on in my usage tab however none was used. I also connected to the carriers but everytime i called it said that i did not have the add on although i did. 

The couple other following questions might seem dumb but it would be useful to know to be sure. It does kinda sound like you might have bought a non-roaming add-on. What is the add-on called in your overview page?

maramshaat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks ShawnC13

Yes i did follow the steps and it shows that i have the add on in my usage tab however none was used. I also connected to the carriers but everytime i called it said that i did not have the add on although i did. 

@maramshaat wrote:

Hello,

I traveled to NY, USA and before my trip I made sure to add the USA-CANADA add on plan for both my father and I, once we arrived it did not work whatsoever. How could I get compensated for the amount that i paid? 

I could be wrong, but I am also suspecting that a long distance add-on might have been purchased by mistake.

@maramshaat if you go into your account, what is the name of the package that you purchased?

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As others have stated, you need to go into settings and enable data roaming. I have an iPhone and the US add-on worked fine for me after I enabled this setting.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@maramshaat wrote:

Hello,

@maramshaat  Did you make sure that you purchased the correct addon? You did pick the US Roaming Talk and not the US Canada talk addon correct?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@maramshaat wrote:

Hello,

Did you do the two step process for purchasing add-ons?  Did you have your Roaming features turned on?  Did you try to manually select either AT&T or the T~Mobile Network?  These are just all the things that need to be checked and or will be asked.  

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@maramshaat 

Generally, there are no refunds in prepaid plans, but you can contact moderator to see what they can do for you.

Did you turn on data roaming?  Try to manually choose carrier (AT&T or T mobile)?

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.