cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plan

JKFollett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have purchased a new phone which is not allowing me to access the internet/email from outside my home.  I  took it back to where I purchased it and was told there is nothing wrong with my phone but with my phone plan.  What do  I have to do with Public Mobile to enable this feature?  Thank you.  

9 REPLIES 9

@JKFollett check to make sure your data is enabled and your APN settings are correct for public mobile 

JKFollett

How do I check that?

JKFollett

This plan includes: - 4.5GB at 3G Speed

My phone is an Asus

JKFollett

Thanks, I will give it a try.

JKFollett

Yes

Dude_VM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Also, Make sure to check the features available in your plan. You should have internet data bundle availble to use the service properly out side home

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @JKFollett 

Which plan do you have?

Is it an lg phone? They usually have to be set up manually to work properly?

@JKFollett wrote:

I have purchased a new phone which is not allowing me to access the internet/email from outside my home.  I  took it back to where I purchased it and was told there is nothing wrong with my phone but with my phone plan.  What do  I have to do with Public Mobile to enable this feature?  Thank you.  

In many cases, the APN settings haven't been set correcly when mobile data doesn't work. 
Try the following as a starting point:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartp...

GR
Mayor / Maire

@JKFollett  do you have data on your plan? 

Need Help? Let's chat.