cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PublicGetBetter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My Plan is Up to Date Can't Call Even Own PM Phone - Long Distance Add-On

Hi All:

My account is up to date, but before I was getting no payment error message.

Now it is recognizing the payment, I am being given a prompt for long distance add-on to call my own Public Mobile Phone (A/c for which the payment is now recognized).  I have unlimited Canada-wide call and Unlimited International Text).

I am in country and still cannot call my very own phone or any other local numbers. Neither am I receiving calls. I just call using a landline and the calls are going to voice mail. I did this twice.  Thanks in advance for a solution. 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: My Plan is Up to Date Can't Call Even Own PM Phone - Long Distance Add-On

@PublicGetBetter wrote:

Hi All:

Now it is recognizing the payment, I am being given a prompt for long distance add-on to call my own Public Mobile Phone (A/c for which the payment is now recognized).  I have unlimited Canada-wide call and Unlimited International Text).

I am in country and still cannot call my very own phone or any other local numbers. Neither am I receiving calls. I just call using a landline and the calls are going to voice mail. I did this twice.  Thanks in advance for a solution. 

Does the account show as Active in the self-serve? If you dial 611 does it immediately ask for money? Do you see the Reactivate button in the upper right of the self-serve?

PublicGetBetter

Thanks for your inquiry regarding my question User.

None of the above. The plan is active in self serve, gives September expiry date in *611. Still calls are going to voice mail. Still not able to make even local calls.  No reactive prompt in self-serve either.  Ok boy this is unbelievable.

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@PublicGetBetter wrote:

Hi All:

Have you tried restarting your phone & double-checked that you didn't turn on your phone's Do Not Distrub feature? Or have you tried to dial the number with a 1 in front?

If all else fails & you need to contact the Moderator Team, you can send a private message to them HERE

Keep in mind that response times could take 24-72 hours or more depending on volumes.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@PublicGetBetter wrote:

Thanks for your inquiry regarding my question User.

None of the above. The plan is active in self serve, gives September expiry date in *611. Still calls are going to voice mail. Still not able to make even local calls.  No reactive prompt in self-serve either.  Ok boy this is unbelievable.

Do Not Disturb is a great thought. Also:

Two things to try:
1. The lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

PublicGetBetter

Thanks much Bravo.

I am dialling using numbe saved to the phone. And I have dialed manually.

I have restarted the phone.  I believe the something is wrong at Public Mobile as the phone is asking for a long distance add-on.

It believes my a/c does not have money to make the call to itself or other local numbers. Why it will not receive is another matter. I have sent private messages, I will update the community as soon as the matter has been resloved. Thank you again and have a great day!

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@PublicGetBetter wrote:

Thanks much Bravo.

I am dialling using numbe saved to the phone. And I have dialed manually.

I have restarted the phone.  I believe the something is wrong at Public Mobile as the phone is asking for a long distance add-on.

It believes my a/c does not have money to make the call to itself or other local numbers. Why it will not receive is another matter. I have sent private messages, I will update the community as soon as the matter has been resloved. Thank you again and have a great day!

Did you try the couple suggestions above?

PublicGetBetter

I shall try this lost and found with hesitation less matters become worse. 

PublicGetBetter

Dear Community:

I have tried everything including sending private messages.

I did the lost and found trick.

All with no result.

I am still being asked to get a long distance add-on.

Thanks much for all your help.

Guess I need a solution where someone in company maybe reached for checking the account and making the necessary fix.

PublicGetBetter

Got to say I am really disappointed.

I lost an entire day and part of the night.

I did everything suggested.

Last I paid two dollars, so now my account has an extra balance of $2.00 shortly afterwards I noticed that my phone is working and that I missed an important call yesterday.

I do not allow phones or other devices to use my location.  I was recently overseas, I was prompted to get a roaming plan, I did not want one, and did not have or use one. I am assuming that perhaps, snooping into people's business unauthorized left Public Mobile to think I needed a long distance service (though that is not roaming), and may have resulted in all the issues.

I am really really disappointed.  Public get their money, I should have service without income loss, study time loss, and a days worth of trauma if not more.

Very unhappy Public Mobile, very unhappy. You should at least operate an Email to tech support for paying customers. You had a paid called Centre if people are willing to pay for it why not keep it. I subscribed to it until it was no longer available.  This is outrageous I am sorry, this is a serious wake up call. Lives could have been lost.

Need Help? Let's chat.