cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Plan is Up to Date Can't Call Even Own PM Phone - Long Distance Add-On

PublicGetBetter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All:

My account is up to date, but before I was getting no payment error message.

Now it is recognizing the payment, I am being given a prompt for long distance add-on to call my own Public Mobile Phone (A/c for which the payment is now recognized).  I have unlimited Canada-wide call and Unlimited International Text).

I am in country and still cannot call my very own phone or any other local numbers. Neither am I receiving calls. I just call using a landline and the calls are going to voice mail. I did this twice.  Thanks in advance for a solution. 

13 REPLIES 13

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Fruits823 wrote:

Any resolution??? Same problem.

@Fruits823  - have you already tried all of the suggestions made in this thread? Have none of them worked for you? 

Fruits823
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any resolution??? Same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicGetBetter wrote:

Solution in short, is pay more money, even a $1 when your account is current and active.

What if the user did not have another penny to pay? Especially since they have already paid their bill and have an active plan expiring almost at the end of September?

Terribly shame!

Glad you got it going.

The extra amount in your account will just go towards your next renewal.

PublicGetBetter

Solution in short, is pay more money, even a $1 when your account is current and active.

What if the user did not have another penny to pay? Especially since they have already paid their bill and have an active plan expiring almost at the end of September?

Terribly shame!

PublicGetBetter

Got to say I am really disappointed.

I lost an entire day and part of the night.

I did everything suggested.

Last I paid two dollars, so now my account has an extra balance of $2.00 shortly afterwards I noticed that my phone is working and that I missed an important call yesterday.

I do not allow phones or other devices to use my location.  I was recently overseas, I was prompted to get a roaming plan, I did not want one, and did not have or use one. I am assuming that perhaps, snooping into people's business unauthorized left Public Mobile to think I needed a long distance service (though that is not roaming), and may have resulted in all the issues.

I am really really disappointed.  Public get their money, I should have service without income loss, study time loss, and a days worth of trauma if not more.

Very unhappy Public Mobile, very unhappy. You should at least operate an Email to tech support for paying customers. You had a paid called Centre if people are willing to pay for it why not keep it. I subscribed to it until it was no longer available.  This is outrageous I am sorry, this is a serious wake up call. Lives could have been lost.

PublicGetBetter

Dear Community:

I have tried everything including sending private messages.

I did the lost and found trick.

All with no result.

I am still being asked to get a long distance add-on.

Thanks much for all your help.

Guess I need a solution where someone in company maybe reached for checking the account and making the necessary fix.

PublicGetBetter

I shall try this lost and found with hesitation less matters become worse. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicGetBetter wrote:

Thanks much Bravo.

I am dialling using numbe saved to the phone. And I have dialed manually.

I have restarted the phone.  I believe the something is wrong at Public Mobile as the phone is asking for a long distance add-on.

It believes my a/c does not have money to make the call to itself or other local numbers. Why it will not receive is another matter. I have sent private messages, I will update the community as soon as the matter has been resloved. Thank you again and have a great day!

Did you try the couple suggestions above?

PublicGetBetter

Thanks much Bravo.

I am dialling using numbe saved to the phone. And I have dialed manually.

I have restarted the phone.  I believe the something is wrong at Public Mobile as the phone is asking for a long distance add-on.

It believes my a/c does not have money to make the call to itself or other local numbers. Why it will not receive is another matter. I have sent private messages, I will update the community as soon as the matter has been resloved. Thank you again and have a great day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicGetBetter wrote:

Thanks for your inquiry regarding my question User.

None of the above. The plan is active in self serve, gives September expiry date in *611. Still calls are going to voice mail. Still not able to make even local calls.  No reactive prompt in self-serve either.  Ok boy this is unbelievable.

Do Not Disturb is a great thought. Also:

Two things to try:
1. The lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@PublicGetBetter wrote:

Hi All:

Now it is recognizing the payment, I am being given a prompt for long distance add-on to call my own Public Mobile Phone (A/c for which the payment is now recognized).  I have unlimited Canada-wide call and Unlimited International Text).

I am in country and still cannot call my very own phone or any other local numbers. Neither am I receiving calls. I just call using a landline and the calls are going to voice mail. I did this twice.  Thanks in advance for a solution. 

Have you tried restarting your phone & double-checked that you didn't turn on your phone's Do Not Distrub feature? Or have you tried to dial the number with a 1 in front?

If all else fails & you need to contact the Moderator Team, you can send a private message to them HERE

Keep in mind that response times could take 24-72 hours or more depending on volumes.

PublicGetBetter

Thanks for your inquiry regarding my question User.

None of the above. The plan is active in self serve, gives September expiry date in *611. Still calls are going to voice mail. Still not able to make even local calls.  No reactive prompt in self-serve either.  Ok boy this is unbelievable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicGetBetter wrote:

Hi All:

Does the account show as Active in the self-serve? If you dial 611 does it immediately ask for money? Do you see the Reactivate button in the upper right of the self-serve?

Need Help? Let's chat.