cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PM to Koodo offer expires before the end me prepaid period

copolii
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm on a 90 day prepaid plan and just got the Koodo offer and I do want to switch. The problem, however, is that I've paid till almost the end of October and the offer expires mid September.

Is there a way to 

1. get the balance refunded to me 
  2. credited to my Koodo account
  3. Extend my offer duration, so I don't get screwed out of $60

We're talking about $60 here so it's not exactly insignificant.

14 REPLIES 14

Morpheus

Finally, I went to the local Koodo store nearby and talked to the manager there.. telling him that I had credits in my PM accounts. He said he could put some credit back into Koodo account when I moved there. So I moved, I am a koodo guy now.... with some credit in my koodo account, he said it would appear before the first bill.

Morpheus

Koodo did not extend the offer sadly, I did try to call Koodo FYI... The non-refundable credit transfer is funny. Koodo and Public mobile have the same mother. "They" intentionally did it to avoid refunding credit to their own customers in the name of “prepaid”. Saying it out loud will make everything clear.

PM sent you the offer BUT Koodo controls the deal and its termination. Talk to Koodo for an extension.

No prepaid carriers provide refunds. If you want that protection you must be on a post-paid account. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

copolii

I wonder if the @CS_Agent can weigh in?

This would potentially apply to 2 lines: Mine & Wifes (both got the SMS)

Thanks.

Morpheus

The text is saying "Public Mobile here with an exclusive offer for you.....", Public Mobile takes the lead on the porting, so they should have taken into account the remaining credits. Making customer feel fair is a proper way of doing business.

Sorry, but you're going to have to decide if you want to make the switch.  No one here know for sure if the offer will get extended.  If you switch to Koodo, you're not going to get any refund from Public Mobile.

Grampa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I'm paid up with PM until Sept.27 and I got the text for the Koodo deal expiring Sept.16.

The guy at Koodo kiosk tried to get me to switch today by saying PM must refund my balance. I did not believe him of course.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wonder_why wrote:

Telus greedy 

Here's something to consider:
Greedy Telus wants as many $40 4GB promo customers to switch as possible. And if those customers forfeit the remaining subscription fees they've paid PM to switch to Koodo early, so much the better for Telus' bottom line. At the same time however, Public Mobile itself may not want to see too many of their subscribers leave for their sister brand, Koodo. The solution for PM? Having access to subscribers' payment due dates, PM sends the texts with the switch offer (sometimes very) early, with an early deadline attached, making the cost high to switch. Result: PM craftily minimizes subscriber leakage, while pretending to help Telus. They can claim they were only trying to get as much forfeited subscription fees as possible, effectively using Telus' own greed against them.

Occam's razor says that's probably not true, but aren't conspiracies fun?  Cat LOL

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I am waiting it out for a $40 6GB unlimited SMS/nationwide promo Cat Wink

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Telus greedy 

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
It's part of the cost to make the switch

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire
That might not work either. Its either stay with PM, or take a small loss with porting over to Koodo.

copolii

What about extending the offer?

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire
Unfortunately no. With PM being prepaid, there will be no refunds or credits
Need Help? Let's chat.