cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More data

Keihan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was with publicmobile for 6years now and heard on the radio another company has a plan for 65$ unlimited calls,text,and data when will public mobile have a plan like this?? Cause my data don’t last long think I got 8 gb. I would be the first to jump on that.

21 REPLIES 21

@Keihan wrote:

I go to the store and buy top up sheet the (I use cash)50$ plan wants a credit card.

Hi @Keihan you only need a credit card if you want to sign up for autopay and get $2 credit every 30 days.

$50 plan-1.png

If the store cannot sell you $50 PM voucher, try breaking it up such as buying two $25 vouchers.  You don't have  to have a credit card to change plans if you don't sign up for autopay.  

I hope this helps.  Best wishes

@Keihan  any card really to just add it for auto-pay discount. After added to your account you don't have to use it to pay each 30 days. You can still add vouchers to your balance before renewal date.

The system always deducts from available balance first. Then any remaining amount owed would be charged to the card. So if you always add a balance to cover your plan before renewal time then the card on file will never be charged.

Some use the PM text from 611 that is sent as a reminder. They add the money to their balance when they get the text so credit card is never charged.

Text looks like this. I just got it today for my Dec 1st due date.

Screenshot_20201128_171757.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Keihan : No plan requires a credit card. You could buy 10 $5 vouchers and pay for the plan.

@Keihan  you could also consider the prepaid ones from your bank. The ones that are not a credit card but have a Visa or MC number where you transfer funds from your checking/savings account to the card account.

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credit-cards/prepaid-credit-cards/

https://www.desjardins.com/ca/personal/loans-credit/prepaid-card/index.jsp

https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-banking/prepaid/cibc-smart-prepaid-visa-card.html

https://www.td.com/us/en/personal-banking/prepaid-cards/

Etc, etc for the other banks.

Keihan

I go to the store and buy top up sheet the (I use cash)50$ plan wants a credit card.

hmph
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, a prepaid card will work, as long as it has the funds to support the payment for as long as you want autopay to go on. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Keihan: Yes. Vanilla works. Not MyVanilla.

How have you been paying otherwise though?

Keihan

So will a pre paid credit card work?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Keihan wrote:

How do I get on the 50$ plan? I don’t have a credit card and it won’t take my bank debit card. I’m paying 45$ a month for only 4 gs 

1.  Get a PM topup voucher from Shell gas station to add fund to your account.

2.  You can get a KOHO prepaid VISA card and setup autopay to get extra 500MB data.

Use the Change Plan button on the Plan and Add-ons page to change plan.

PM is prepaid.  There is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle if you cahnge plan immediately.  It is better to schedule plan change on your next renewal date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Keihan wrote:

How do I get on the 50$ plan? I don’t have a credit card and it won’t take my bank debit card. I’m paying 45$ a month for only 4 gs 

However you're paying for the $45 plan, you can use to pay for the $50 plan.

You can purchase a voucher or use recharge.com or ding.com but there is a service charge.  It is recommended to change your plan in next 6 date so you don't lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

@Keihan wrote:

You could get payment vouchers at your nearest London Drugs (or similar retail provider) and upgrade your plan with those instead of the card.Make sure to select Change at next renewal unless you want to sacrifice whatever is the balance in your current plan.

@Keihan you can purchase vouchers from 7 eleven or London drugs. 

use all capital letters and leave the apt field blank when registering your visa debit

contact customer support mods if you're still having issues

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Keihan

Keihan

I just looked at my account and I only have 4gb and I’m paying 45$ a month 

Keihan

I just looked at my account and I only have 4 gb and paying 45$ a month 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Keihan 

You need to find out what is the data speed after using up your monthly data quota.  It is very slow and barely enough for browsing.  Forget using it for video.  Those limited plans are postpaid plans which cannot be renewed early.  Therefore, you will be stuck at very low speed until your next billing cycle or pay for high cost overage data.

What is the monthly data quota for that $65 plan?

PM $48  plan (with autopay) gives 8.5 GB.  You can get another 1GB add-on for $15.  For the $63 spending, you are getting 9.5GB data.  Cost per 1GB data will be even cheaper if you renew early.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Keihan 

In general, if your data needs are higher end, Public mobile plans generally don't compete well against other mobile companies.  Since PM is part of Telus, I doubt PM will compete directly against Telus/Koodo big data plans.  

If you live in a big city, Freedom mobile might be a consideration.  If you prefer Telus, Koodo is a step up.  Black Friday is coming up soon and there will be some good deals out there.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Keihan

Sounds like unlimited data is important to you - and that's fine.

Perhaps Public Mobile no longer suits your online needs, and that's fine too.

I don't have data on my mobile plan, yet I almost NEVER find myself needing an internet connection and not having one available.  Free and unlimited wi-fi is literally everywhere I go, and my phone automatically connects every time I'm even close to it.  

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Keihan wrote:

I was with publicmobile for 6years now and heard on the radio another company has a plan for 65$ unlimited calls,text,and data when will public mobile have a plan like this?? Cause my data don’t last long think I got 8 gb. I would be the first to jump on that.

@Keihan I think PM will have a plan like that as soon as it thinks it is losing, or is likely to lose, a fair number of customers from the $50 plan. On the other hand a lot of the "unlimited data" has a cap on speed after a specified amount. From what I have read, the speeds are often unusable for most things. If you are burning through 8.5GB of data a month I don't think restricted data at 256Kb will do you much good. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Keihan wrote:

Do you do any data management? Are you watching videos all day? Do you have a home internet service? Do you make use of the many wifi connections?

How do you use so much data?

Need Help? Let's chat.