cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Data?

SIXTY6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking to upgrade my plan with just a bit more data…….ok with paying a bit more but are there any deals currently out there? Right now I have 8gb. Been a long time customer now. 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

@Meow 

They are usually the biggest complainers!😃

It was more of a comment that the OP hasn't seemed to have had a single issue in 4 years of pm service!🤔

@darlicious wrote:

@Meow 

You made me look!! The OP is coming up on 4 years of loyalty+autopay will equal $6 minimum in rewards. There is no good reason to stay on the old $50/8gb plan. It's unlikely there is a promo tied to it.

Definitely no reason to stay on old $50 plan when for the same cost OP can get 10.5GB of data.

As for discounts/rewards maybe some people do not care to participate here or have auto-pay or are even aware or loyalty rewards. $5-6 bucks a month from $50/70 is negligible comparing to $5-6 from $15 plan.

Do you think people driving V6 or SUV care how much gas costs?

@Meow 

You made me look!! The OP is coming up on 4 years of loyalty+autopay will equal $6 minimum in rewards. There is no good reason to stay on the old $50/8gb plan. It's unlikely there is a promo tied to it.

@SIXTY6 

Wow! I'm surprised this is your first post in nearly 4 years. Make sure you come back in December to see if  pm keeps up the tradition of the "more the merrier" campaign of free minute and data add on gifts for its customers. You've been missing out....

@darlicious wrote:

@SIXTY6 

Looks like you are on the old $50 plan. So you can get more data for free. Just schedule a plan change on next renewal to the $50/10.5gb plan.

If you plan to stay with PM, above advice is the proper one. Do not change providers as you have been here for a long while and you are currently getting at least $4 (if not $5) as loyalty reward + $2 for auto-pay making your plan cost of $44 ($43) for 10.5GB (if you change plan). If you decide to change it, Schedule change, do not change it immediately as you will lose remainder of your data.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SIXTY6 Depending on how many referrals, loyalty, etc. rewards you have, I recommend staying with PM and then changing your plan to one of the newer plans which include more data. I can see you have the old $50 8 GB plan, you can change it to the current $50 plan which comes with an additional 2 GB for the same cost, otherwise you can get the $70 15 GB, but for that cost, I recommend looking at other providers unless you have many rewards to off set the $70 plan.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SIXTY6  definately look at other providers PM I don't believe is really competative on the higher data plans. That being said you probably have 5$ or greater rewards so changing providers might not be as enticing as someone without rewards 

@SIXTY6 

Looks like you are on the old $50 plan. So you can get more data for free. Just schedule a plan change on next renewal to the $50/10.5gb plan.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SIXTY6 wrote:

Looking to upgrade my plan with just a bit more data…….ok with paying a bit more but are there any deals currently out there? Right now I have 8gb. Been a long time customer now. 

Thanks

@SIXTY6 

Just be aware of all the In-Market plans that would be available to change to are all for 3G data speeds. If you are on a grandfathered plan this may be something that matters to you.

3G is perfectly fine for my needs.

These two have more data than you currently have, so either of these may be what you are looking for. What is your current plan?

esjliv_0-1632705811525.png

It is very easy to change plans. Just plan to "Change on Next Renewal" so you do not lose out on any funds in your current cycle.

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SIXTY6 

Currently there are only deals for new customers, an additional 2gb for plans $35 and up.

I don't see a plan for 8Gb, it's possible you got a promo when you registered or the plan is no longer available (so not sure how much you are paying). 

As of now and based on the site, https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans.

$50 plan for 10Gb or $70 plan for 15Gb

There are data on, 1Gb ($15) or 200mb ($5), but they might not be worth if comes down to price.

Best of luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SIXTY6 

and visit Here link,  to you review all plan 30 days service,

and Click Here link  to you know how to Change Your Plan online,

Need Help? Let's chat.