cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Plan Change- Will I loose Bonus?

GSATV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all,

Like the title states; changing my plan. However, am wondering if this will remove my 6 months of 2gb/month data bonus.

Since I have the 4.5+500 talk/data plan and don't even come near touching this amount of data, I'm trying to drop it to the $25 500+500 talk/data plan on next renewal.

When I go to apply changes, it meantions that I'm changing from my plan with 2gb/month 6 month bonus to 500+500 gb plan.

Basically, am I going to retain my bonus when I down grade the plan slightly?

Thanks!pmchange.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GSATV wrote:

show me the fine print, i'll give you your answer.

no idea. I don't have time to sit and read public mobile's fine print all day long. If I'm offered 2gbs of free data, I take it. This is afterall, a prepaid service.

thanks for the comment though.

Bonuses and promos have their own rules. And YOU asked. But since you don't really need the data then try changing down and report your findings. Maybe it'll stay on. Like I said, strange things happen around here.

GSATV
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

show me the fine print, i'll give you your answer.

no idea. I don't have time to sit and read public mobile's fine print all day long. If I'm offered 2gbs of free data, I take it. This is afterall, a prepaid service.

thanks for the comment though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GSATV wrote:

Hey all,

Like the title states; changing my plan. However, am wondering if this will remove my 6 months of 2gb/month data bonus.

Since I have the 4.5+500 talk/data plan and don't even come near touching this amount of data, I'm trying to drop it to the $25 500+500 talk/data plan on next renewal.

When I go to apply changes, it meantions that I'm changing from my plan with 2gb/month 6 month bonus to 500+500 gb plan.

Thanks!

Well the promo wording is a little tricky. Many of the promos we see do stipulate something about plan changes. But this one "we are offering a bonus 2GB of data when you activate on a $35/mo plan or higher for 6 months" says "on..." "...for 6 months".

Marketing wording around here often leaves ambiguity. I would say you run the risk of losing it. But strange things often happen around here too.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@GSATV in the fine print, did it say that if you switched down that you would lose it? Then yes you will lose it if you switch.

@GSATV wrote:

Hey all,

Thanks!pmchange.jpg

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GSATV , I assume your are in this deal.  There doesn't seem to be detailed terms governing plan changes.  Given the initial conditions, I would assume that there will be impact.  A later promotion which offered only 1GB bonus data was specific on what would happen if there's a plan change.  It would be wise to confer with a moderator to validate the assumption.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SALE-Get-a-bonus-2GB-of-data-when-you-a...

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Well here is the original post for that promotion.

It does say plans of $35 or more...but it has no mention of lossing promo on a plan change like the Lunar promotion did recently.

However it does say $35 or more and you want to switch to a $25 plan so I am not sure if that is possible.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SALE-Get-a-bonus-2GB-of-data-when-you-a...

You should contact moderators and confirm with them.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Looks like it, sorry

If you really don't need it, why pay extra, you are saving 15/month

If you run out you could get add-on that never expires or you can ask moderators to renew you early. You will be saving

Need Help? Let's chat.