cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator Needed: Auto-pay account suspended

dbcyre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account was suspended today, even though the account was set up for auto-pay. When I made the one-time payment to re-activate the account, Public came back with a message saying it was declined but my online banking clearly shows the payment going out this morning.

Anyone have any tips on this? Or better yet, is there a moderator out there who could look into this?

9 REPLIES 9

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dbcyre wrote:

My account was suspended today, even though the account was set up for auto-pay.

@dbcyre  Unfortunately as you have found out that the Auto-Pay system will occasionally fail and you account will get suspended.

When I made the one-time payment to re-activate the account, Public came back with a message saying it was declined but my online banking clearly shows the payment going out this morning.

Yes, that is the error. Note that the charge that you see on your online cc activity can be a holding charge. SO, it's possible that the charge did not go through and that is why your plan is still suspended.

Anyone have any tips on this?

My recommendation would be to make a manual payment two days before your plan renewal. That way if there is a problem with your cc on file you have a couple of days to resolve it before you account goes into suspension.

Or better yet, is there a moderator out there who could look into this?

? allows you to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Also, as stated there are a couple of tricks to try that sometimes will act as a soft reset to get you account going again.

Try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone (Note: putting your phone in Airplane mode for 5 minutes accomplishes the same thing)
  2. Lost/Stolen trick a1.PNG

A2.PNG

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

@dbcyre I also would like to mention that Autopay can sometimes fail. So it is better to do manual payment even with enabled Autopay. Just to prevent suspension issues.

@dbcyre after you submit your ticket, and while waiting for the mods to respon, I would try number 3 if you haven't already done so. Stay safe. 

dbcyre

I appreciate the replies, but none of the typical tricks are working. So I guess I'll submit a ticket and wait for a reply.

@dbcyre wrote:

None of my services are working. That's the problem. My account was topped up with the one time payment, but is still suspended since it didn't go through on Public's end but was debited from my bank. Not having a phone for a full day and hoping it resets is a major problem for me. I'm still working and require it for my job.

Please use the chatbot  SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve  your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

@dbcyre try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $2 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

dbcyre

None of my services are working. That's the problem. My account was topped up with the one time payment, but is still suspended since it didn't go through on Public's end but was debited from my bank. Not having a phone for a full day and hoping it resets is a major problem for me. I'm still working and require it for my job.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account to check the status.  If you don't have service the try rebooting your phone.  If you still need assistance the submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dbcyre  are your services working properly?  I they are, do nothing.  The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore it. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

Stay safe.  If your service isn't working. Please let us know. Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.