cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data internet is not working

Linaanata
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just made renewal payment for my sim card yesterday, and chose data plan as well. However, I am still unable to use mobile data (for internet browsing) until now. As additional information, my previous package will be expired on dec 8, but I make a payment earlier so I can still enjoy my data plan. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance 🙏

8 REPLIES 8

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Linaanata 

Public mobile has a FREE 1G add on right now. This can be used so you have days after you use to your plan data.  They also have 400 intentional calling minutes

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Linaanata wrote:

Yeah, i have tried to reboot my phone, but nothing's changed.  I will wait until dec 8, and hopefully be able to use my mobile data as previous.  Thanks for your advices

Did you check in self serve.  Maybe your mobile data for the 30 day cycle got used up.    Yes, you will be reset on Dec 8 and can your data again.

You can also buy a data add on so that you can still use data when you are over your monthly plan usage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Linaanata wrote:

Yeah, i have tried to reboot my phone, but nothing's changed.  I will wait until dec 8, and hopefully be able to use my mobile data as previous.  Thanks for your advices

You can tell if you've used all your data by looking at your overview page lower down under add-ons. If you don't see a data line there then you've used it all. Or post a screen snip of your overview page and we can help you figure out what you have. Blank out personal info of course.

Meanwhile, your options are:

to ask the moderators to renew your plan early

buy data add-ons

change to a different plan now

Linaanata

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Linaanata wrote:

As additional information, my previous package will be expired on dec 8, but I make a payment earlier so I can still enjoy my data plan. 

@Linaanata if you literally *made a payment* only, then nothing will have changed with your plan.  If you scheduled a plan change for your next renewal date on Dec 8th, then you won't be on your new plan until Dec 8th.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Linaanata wrote:

Yes, the mobile data was working well before and i dont have any issue with apn, i guess.  I did changes to my plan because my previous plan seemed didint work..

Is it working now?  What do you mean your previous plan did not work?

You can try rebooting your phone.  Usually after making any changes it's recommended to restart your phone.

Linaanata

Yes, the mobile data was working well before and i dont have any issue with apn, i guess.  I did changes to my plan because my previous plan seemed didint work..

@Linaanata wrote:

I just made renewal payment for my sim card yesterday, and chose data plan as well. However, I am still unable to use mobile data (for internet browsing) until now. As additional information, my previous package will be expired on dec 8, but I make a payment earlier so I can still enjoy my data plan. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance 🙏

Has data ever worked on your phone? If not, this could be an APN setting issue.

if the data did previously work, am I correct in assuming that you did an immedaite plan change to get data working again after running out from your previous plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.