cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I am on a plan that includes 250 MB of mobile data a month

I dont really use mobile data and I plan to use it only when I need to and I am at a place that I dont have wifi or the wifi is not strong enough to work

If I dont use mobile data for a month would it carry over to the next month?

12 REPLIES 12

bishamon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mojorising wrote:

I don't believe any carriers in Canada offer data carry over?

Koodo Prepaid would roll over minutes and data, however it is a pay as you go system.

@mojorising wrote:

As stated earlier, add-on data packages do stay on the account until used up.  It's just that the data included in the base price plans that do not at Public Mobile.  I also don"t know of any carrier in Canada that allows rollover data for normal plans,  nor can I think of one that does it for add-on data either.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Dylan3

I understand

Thanks

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dylan3 wrote:

I dont really use mobile data and I plan to use it only when I need to and I am at a place that I dont have wifi or the wifi is not strong enough to work

@Dylan3 You have to make sure setting up the APN to allow the data working properly in the future. You can go to the following link: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=apn

Dylan3

After thinking about it I changed my mind and I am going to stick with my current mobile plan

Thanks

@Dylan3Changing your plan won't change anything else in your account, you don't need a new account/number/ect. To change it go into your account and under Account Status click Change Plan, and either select a new plan or build your own. There is an option to either change your plan immediately or change it automatically on your next renewal date. If you change it immediately you need to pay for the new plan immediately and there are no refunds for the remainder of your current plan, you forfeit the rest of the month.

Dylan3

If I change my mobile data plan will it affect anything in my account like will I need to make a new account or get a new phone number or anything like that?

Dylan3

If I change my plan to another plan how would I do it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dylan3 wrote:

Plan data no...add-on data yes.

I really think all providers should do as you wonder because hey you paid for it. The remaining unused portion gets added to the newly purchased bucket. But that wouldn't be very profitable now would it. So here we are.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Dylan3 No, plan data does not carry over. If you buy a data addon, that will remain on your account until it is used, it won't expire.

@Dylan3 wrote:

Unused plan data does not carry forwarded.  If will go wasted if not used.

Need Help? Let's chat.