cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mms pictures texts

brandylynn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My cell data is on and i was able to send pictures  before a day ago, but now it just spins and spins and doesn't send. How do i fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

moryc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As per previous replies, your data needs to be turned ON in order to send MMS.  I understand your hesitation to do so, as not to incur necessary data usage.  You can turn data ON and OFF; however, that can be a pain to do over and over again.

Instead, I keep my data ON, but change the "APN Type" in my "Access Point Names" settings to "MMS" from "Internet + MMS"; thereby, effectively not allowing my data to be used for anything other than MMS.  You can find "Access Point Names" in your "Mobile Networks" in phone settings.  If anyone needs assistance with doing this on Samsung S5, S7 or Note 9 let me know -- I can send some screen captures (those are the phones I own and have ready access to)

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brandylynn .... make sure your data is is turned on. Once it is sent, you can turn off the data if you like.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Last I had this happen I just put phone in airplane mode for a few seconds, did the trick. Sometimes it hiccups trying to switch between Wi-Fi and data too with Wi-Fi on

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@brandylynn If your mobile data is working, then picture messages should work as well.
Do you get that message for all picture messages? Can you send/receive other mms messages?
It sounds like some of the pictures are too large for mms.

Try loading a smaller file. Otherwise restart your phone to try again.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@brandylynn try fly mode or lost/stolen feature through self-service account for a couple of mins. These tricks can also help.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brandylynn 

Is your data working when using a browser?  If not, you need to setup APN. Restart your phone to let PM SIM card to set up your APN automatically.

Are you using iPhone iMessage to send MMS?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there! You can contact the Moderators to get help by submitting a ticket here: https://bit.ly/2HK8Bnb. Chat with SIMon and write "talk to a human".

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@brandylynn wrote:

Hi,

My cell data is on and i was able to send pictures  before a day ago, but now it just spins and spins and doesn't send. How do i fix this?

@brandylynn   You could try first rebooting you phone and if that doesn't help try powering off the phone and removing the SIM, wait 5 mins before reinserting SIM and restarting your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@brandylynn force close your text app and restart your phone. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.