cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mms not working

Karyathena
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi again, still waiting on reply to my help ticket. My phone still will not send mms pictures.i can receive them and send photos to myself. My phone was able to send and receive up until 2 days ago(when I switched to public) I have checked apns countless times, reset networks settings, taken sim out and in again, restarted phone. Checked my plan , it has 7nlimeited international text and picture messaging; it doesn’t specifically reference domestic mms but that must be included, right? I’m getting worried, what else are moderators going to be able to do? Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

@Ergophile so everything is working now? GREAT!

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Ergophile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think that worked! Thanks so much!

@Ergophile 

Just googled. Is apn setting in this path on your phone.

1. From any Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > More > Mobile networks.

@Ergophile  I wrote you on your other post. 

I see on this one you said you don't have access to apn settings.

How to reset the APN settings to default on my Sony Xperia XA

Touch Apps.

Touch Settings.

Touch More.

Touch Mobile networks.

Touch Access Point Names.

Touch the Menu icon.

Touch Reset to default.

The APN settings have been reset to

To add select the plus + sign top right.

b926f9e92d541819a6ccf7fb784910c4-w300.jpeg

Try these 

Screenshot_20200617_075827.jpg

Save and reboot

If they don't work try these

Screenshot_20200217_152632.jpg

If you joined with a referral code the $10 signup bonus will be applied to your account within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Ergophile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You replied to someone's post last year and they thanked you for the solution but I don't actually see the solution in the thread. 

I'm having the same problem and I was hoping you could help me. 

Sony Xperia XA. Just switched to Public Mobile today and picture messages won't send. I'm using the built-in messaging system, no external app. I've rebooted the phone, turned airplane mode off and on and no joy. Under settings I don't have access to APNs and there is no network reset option, only a factory reset option. 

I have the unlimited picture messaging plan. Data is on. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Karyathena

Hi,

I can’t get into my private messages, were we discussing referral codes? I haven’t heard from public mobile moderators.

if you could pm me again, that’d be great.

thanks

k

Karyathena

Will13am

you are my hero!!! Two days of seeing those #$&#* grey circles, “services unavailable” “message queued for sending”

re-entering proxy settings countless times! I wanted to throw my phone against the wall!!!

pictures sent! Success!!!

thank you!!

Karyathena

It’s a Sony Xperia x, it’s just the messenger app that came with it, it’s called “messaging”

I didn’t install it, it came with the phone. I’ll try the force stop thanks!!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@KaryathenaTry your SIM card in another working phone to narrow down whether it is a problem on Public Mobile's side or your phone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Karyathena,it sounds like you have a hardware issue that the community may be of better assistance than the moderator team, in terms of response efficiency.  What phone are you using and what texting app?  Maybe you can delete the app cache, force close the app and restart it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.