cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing out on Data

Chantellemax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been paying $45  a month for quite some time now. I get 1GB of Data - 1! Why is it that the $40 plan has 2GB and the $45 plan has 4GB and I am sitting over here getting 1?  If these are new plans but are available for new and pre- existing customers, and my plan is already $45, why am I not getting the 4GB automatically?

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chantellemax not sure I get your analogy, but here's how it works:  you pick a plan, and you stay on it indefinitely.  New plans can come and go, but you are grandfathered on your existing plan.  It's your responsibility to come back and check periodically to see if there are newer plans you like better, and schedule a plan change to get on a new plan instead.

I like to point out that this system works in both directions:  sometimes plans get worse, but you will stay grandathered on the version you are already on instead.  So, either way, whether the plan offerings get better or worse at any particular point in time, you stay on the version of the plan you were on.  It's a double-edged sword.

For an example of this latter part, many of us got on a recent $25 plan that included unlimited texting, unlimited Canada-wide talk, and 1GB of data; as of this morning, that plan now costs $30 for anyone that wants to get on it, but all of us that are already on it keep paying the $25.  For that, we are happy, and an automatic plan change would have made us mad.

The shorter verson of this is: have a look at the announcements area of the community from time to time and see if anything better is available.  If you want, you can even subscribe to it and get notified via email any time a new announcement is posted.  See how here:  How to get notified of ANY Announcement, including... - Community

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Chantellemax wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@Chantellemax wrote:

I have been paying $45  a month for quite some time now. I get 1GB of Data - 1! Why is it that the $40 plan has 2GB and the $45 plan has 4GB and I am sitting over here getting 1?  If these are new plans but are available for new and pre- existing customers, and my plan is already $45, why am I not getting the 4GB automatically?

Because you still have the choice to have it or not!!Smiley Wink

@Lieux that is the most ridiculous response. Why on earth would I choose to get less services for my money? That's like saying I'm going to buy a chocolate bar for full price, but I'm only going to take a piece and leave the rest at the store - even if I only want a piece right now, why wouldn't I but the whole thing, I'm paying for it anyway, and maybe I will have another bite of it tomorrow. Even if I.don't use all the data every month, it's nice to know it's there and I'm paying the same price anyway.

What I want to point to you was the SELF CHOICE we have here...with public mobile you need to be active in your account and check the annoucement on the community to know if something comes and will be interesting for you. It's the same with your TV or your wifi company they don't tell you when a promotion is coming for a better price than yours...

Chantellemax
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Lieux wrote:

@Chantellemax wrote:

@Lieux that is the most ridiculous response. Why on earth would I choose to get less services for my money? That's like saying I'm going to buy a chocolate bar for full price, but I'm only going to take a piece and leave the rest at the store - even if I only want a piece right now, why wouldn't I but the whole thing, I'm paying for it anyway, and maybe I will have another bite of it tomorrow. Even if I.don't use all the data every month, it's nice to know it's there and I'm paying the same price anyway.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Chantellemax just in case you can change your plan in your self-serve account in the tab PLAN/OPTIONS. And choose on the next renewal date to have your rewards applied.Smiley Wink

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Chantellemax wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.