cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing US talk and text

timothyfriesen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I bought 1 gb data and us talk and text today. The talk and text is not showing in my add one 2 calls used all my long distance today. Please help.
12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

That doesn't make sense, the Canadian long distance add-on should not come into play when in the US.  I think it's time to private message a moderator and have them investigate.

@timothyfriesen I agree with what @will13am has said here, this makes no sense.  The only thing I can think of it that maybe you were physically near the border and still connecting to a Canadian tower when making those long distance calls?  Making calls while in the US should not deduct minutes from your 400 min add-on, 100%.  Were you near the border when you made the calls?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

That doesn't make sense, the Canadian long distance add-on should not come into play when in the US.  I think it's time to private message a moderator and have them investigate.

timothyfriesen
My issue is that the us talk and text was never applied. The data was. My long distance was purchased previously and used up today instead of the us talk and text.

@stonechucker wrote:

Have you tried a power off, and back on?  When adding addon, this is normally required.

OP mentioned that he made two long distance calls, so I would view that as indication the addon is working.  The dispute seems to be about how quickly the minutes were used up. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@timothyfriesen, it is hard to challenge the call meter, perhaps the call was that long and all the minutes were used up.  From what I recall of the way addons are registered in the system, once it is consumed, it disappears from view.  The fact that you cannot see the calling addon would suggest that it is all used up.  You did not mention the status of the data usage.  If that has not been used up, check to see if it shows in the account.  That would be further indication that the calling part of the combo addon is used up.  If you believe there is issue with the metering, send a private message to a moderator and dipute it.

BTW, I am referring to the 400 minutes.  If you have the US talk and text bundle, it is time limited, not usage limited, so there is no metering involved. 

Now there is something that doesn't add up here.  $40 was put into the account, with $5 remaining.  A 400 minute long distance addon was purchased and that costs $15.  1 gig of of US data was purchased for $20, leaving a balance of $5.  How can there also be a purchase of a US talk and text addon?  The arithmetic doesn't work. 

Have you tried a power off, and back on?  When adding addon, this is normally required.

@timothyfriesen

Ok thanks for confirmation 

Try rebooting your phone and see if that helps add on added properly since you mention current available fund is sitting at 5 dollars 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

timothyfriesen
I added 40 to my account and purchased 1gb of data and us talk and text as I am in the us right now. I now have a balance of 5 and no us talk and text.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

There's seem to be confusion as you mentioned you bought a 1gb data add on 1gb data add-on valid while you in Canada or did you purchase a u.s roaming 1gb data add-on 

And you also mentioned us talk and text there's no such add-on like this unless you bought a u.s roaming bundle add on talk and text for 15 dollars but that add-on only work if you are in usa since its a u.s roaming add-on if you bought this then and you in Canada then you bought a wrong add on public mobile already offer global text if your plan had a texting feature its good for all over world 

But if you are in usa for trip or for any reason then yes there's is a add on u.s talk and text but in Canada you only need a add-on called long distance minutes 8 dollars for 200 mins and 15 dollars for 400 mins which doesn't expire untill you used them all 

If you purchase u.s roaming add-on by mistake then you need to send a msg to mod here's how to fix it manually for you to long distance add on 

Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.

In your private message the following info 

* PM account email address

* PM phone number 

* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link the webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your problem

Thanks"

Here's a snapshot of add on Screenshot_20170524-215141.png

Also when buying add on its a 2 step process first you purchase add on and money move from credit card then you go back to add on and purchase again from available fund 

Are you in USA right now or in Canada 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

timothyfriesen
I added $40 today and purchased us talk and text and 1gb of databases. I now have a balance of $5. I also the 400 minute long distance add on. When I called Canada twice today it seemed to use the long distance very quickly.

Can you please add the US talk and text that I purchased and restore my long distance add on?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Did the funds go (and stay) in your available funds bank?  If yes, the addon was not attached.

I can't quite determine which addon you've purchased, as it sounds like you've described the US  LD usage as part of LD addon containing 200 or 400 minutes.  Can you clarify further?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @timothyfriesen,

Please send a private message to @Simon_O rightaway with your Public Mobile phone number to get help.  Hopefully, you will be taken care of very soon.  

Need Help? Let's chat.