cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Promo Data

Lucashart09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated new service and had sumitted my email to receive the advertised 5GB of extra data.

When I log into my account it only shows that I have 500mb plus and additional 500mb.

How do I get the promo data added?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lucashart09 wrote:

Completely unhelpful, rude and combative. I worked for ATT for 11 years. I have a full understanding of how phone activations work and absolutely the promo can be added at the point of activation. 

But it doesn't here. Welcome to PM.

You say "bait and switch"...there's no bait and switch. Nowhere does it say this is a continuing 5gb of data. It's one time too...not just a month. It will stay on your account until you use it up or other conditions cause it to drop.

So there are some misunderstandings going on.

The activation problems...yup. There've been some hiccups recently.

@Lucashart09 wrote:

Completely unhelpful, rude and combative. I worked for ATT for 11 years. I have a full understanding of how phone activations work and absolutely the promo can be added at the point of activation. 

With all due respect, here's a snip from the promo T&C's...

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before January 25, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

Did you activate on-line or at retail outlet ?

Lucashart09

Lucashart09

Exept I didn't get any terms and conditions.  The ad literal asked me to enter my email and then just said my email was entered.  I did not get an email confirmation.  Nor did the ad indicate that the 5GB was for one month only - this is  bait and switch advertising, plain and simple. 

Also had to attempt my activation multiple times as everytime I picked a number and pressed continue i received error 404.  The system is clearly not set up to handle the traffic - low prices are an illusion at best. They make it impossible to speak to someone and 'Simon' the chat bot is incapable of understanding most questions.

Definitely will not be switching other line to this service.

@Lucashart09 

Just so you are not confused its within 30 days not "business" days as that would make it as much as 6 weeks.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

@Lucashart09 

When did you activate your account? If it hasnt been a week yet then be patient as it does say within 30 days. If you are close to running out of data then contact the moderators and ask them to add it. 

@softech  incorrect. Why open a ticket and waste moderators time when terms and conditions say "within 30 days of activation"?? 

Screenshot_20210106_142455.jpg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lucashart09 wrote:

I activated new service and had sumitted my email to receive the advertised 5GB of extra data.

When I log into my account it only shows that I have 500mb plus and additional 500mb.

How do I get the promo data added?

Try to open a ticket with Mod. softech_0-1606150801663.png

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Lucashart09   provided all criteria has been met. Within 30 days of activation it will be applied to your account.

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that will be credited to your account within 72 hours of activation.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.