cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing $25 referral credit

BrendaM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I referred a friend on December 11th, almost a week ago. I still have no received the credit. I am not sure if my friend received the credit as well. We were both supposed to get a $25 credit. I was told it could take up to 72 hours, but it's way past that now.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrendaM wrote:

Sorry, I can't help you, I'm just a customer like you. All I know is that Walmart will not honour any referral credits if you buy a sim card in the store (even though the salesman told me otherwise). It's frustrating that they allow or tell their employees to lie to the customers about this. You will only receive the $10 referral credit.

Just for the sake of specific keywords used...if the Walmart store will sell you just a SIM then you can activate outside of the store at home.

The problem is them activating your account for you in store...and lying and cheating to get there...thereby convincing you that you'll get the online-only credits/rewards.

BrendaM

Sorry, I can't help you, I'm just a customer like you. All I know is that Walmart will not honour any referral credits if you buy a sim card in the store (even though the salesman told me otherwise). It's frustrating that they allow or tell their employees to lie to the customers about this. You will only receive the $10 referral credit.

@ftao wrote:

Hi,

I went to a Walmart store last week and signed up for this service.

I got some help to activate the SIM card by a lady.

However, she didn't complete the whole procedure at that time for there was a system error at the end.

After I came back home, I found the SIM card was activated...

However, I found that my friend and I all lost the $25 referral credit till this moment.

(Note: his number xxx-xxx-xxxx was added to that activation form.)

If you can take care of this issue for both of us, that's going to be great.

Thanks.

Sorry but you are not eligible as you activated in store.  As the new customer, you will only recevie a $10 credit (which your friend will not get).

ftao

Hi,

I went to a Walmart store last week and signed up for this service.

I got some help to activate the SIM card by a lady.

However, she didn't complete the whole procedure at that time for there was a system error at the end.

After I came back home, I found the SIM card was activated...

However, I found that my friend and I all lost the $25 referral credit till this moment.

(Note: his number xxx-xxx-xxxx was added to that activation form.)

If you can take care of this issue for both of us, that's going to be great.

Thanks.

edited by computergeek541: removed phone number

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BrendaM wrote:

My friend activated in store, but the clerk told him that they were having a promo that if he activates in store then he would get a free sim card and a $25 credit PLUS we both would still be eligible for the $25 referral credit. I can't confirm if my friend got any rewards credits yet. But I did his phone number under my rewards and the $1 monthly credit as well.

Let me guess.  Was your friend went to Walmart?  Lots of people had reported the same sad story about Walmart rep.  You can send a private message to moderator.  There is no guarantee for additional credit.  But it worth a try.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BrendaM

You were given incorrect info...25$ referal is an ONLINE promotion..unless it was a promotion from the actual retailer..

BrendaM

My friend activated in store, but the clerk told him that they were having a promo that if he activates in store then he would get a free sim card and a $25 credit PLUS we both would still be eligible for the $25 referral credit. I can't confirm if my friend got any rewards credits yet. But I did his phone number under my rewards and the $1 monthly credit as well.

dickolamo

I registered online yesterday and entered my friend's phone number. The $25 credit was applied to my account within 24 hours. I can confirm that this referral bonus works perfectly! loving it!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I can confirm the referral crediting is working perfectly.  Every morning the following day after a new referral sign up, the $25 reward shows up in the account.  If the rewards was not given, it is extremely likely the referral was ineligible due to store activation. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BrendaM

The key question is whether your friend did in store activation or at home, online activation.  If you friend did in store activation, both of you will not recieve $25 promo credit.  Your friend should receive $10 credit and you wil get ongoing $1 credit.  Did you get a text from PM stating that you got a new friend referral?  You can also check your rewards seciont ot see whether you see your friend's phone number on your rewards friend list.  

If your friend did at home activation, then you will need to contact moderator to get your missing credits.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrendaM wrote:

I referred a friend on December 11th, almost a week ago. I still have no received the credit. I am not sure if my friend received the credit as well. We were both supposed to get a $25 credit. I was told it could take up to 72 hours, but it's way past that now.

Did the friend sign up online or in-store?

The $25 was only for online.

You should get the $1 refer reward though. And if they got $10 then they almost certainly did it in-store.

Need Help? Let's chat.