cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed the flash sale for free month

Mellymelrascal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined public mobile this past month , but I wish I waited for the flash sale for the free month. Is there anything Public Mobile can do to still credit my account for a month ? I'm on the $15/month plan with auto-pay.

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Metal1967 

This is the problem with these meme things. That woman is clearly in some anguish. Yet the image is being co-opted for a joke.

Take that from the resident curmudgeon. 🙂

@Mellymelrascal 

Giving this a bit more thought, you mention that you are on the $15 plan (me too). It is very rare in my experience here that any PM promotion covers the $15 plan as this promotion appears to do. The majority of these sort of offers have been on $35 and higher plans only (since the last one the $35 plan has dropped to $30) So getting an offer on the $15 Plan is rare. That said....were talking about $15.

There are three name brand providers and each of these three providers have about three “tiers” of service accomplished through different brands. In the case of Telus the three tiers are Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile. The actual coverage is the same between tiers. The main difference is Customer Service and Price. PM saves money on the Customer Service level and passes that saving back to customers. It isn’t for everyone. Some people look at PM as just another separate mobility company and expect them to compete openly which isn’t going to happen. Telus wants some people to not like the model and to be willing to pay more for a better customer service experience. You need to consider this if moving to another company, you have to look at the tier you are moving to as well. Some providers third tier company’s do have phone support but they don't have the level of rewards that PM has to further reduce your monthly cost. I have two $15 plans in our household. With referral Credits and Autopay credits they are both free plans now. Over and above this they both get $1/month (soon to be $2) loyalty credit and I usually get a couple $ credit from the community which is building up credit for the future. So my point is to take some time looking at the comparable plans, costs, rewards and services. I’m here to stay but it doesn’t work for everyone.

AE_Collector

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

110CB95B-E88F-40BA-BFB4-0C4253CC98EC.jpeg

BeachNBeer

You win some you loose some 

Mellymelrascal

I'm sorry I didn't study the frequency of how often this company's bonus promotions are put on sale like you did. Regardless you still don't have much understanding on the concepts of customer retention and price guarantee unfortunately. $15/month certainly enticed me hence I signed up. However, some of the comments on this forum and poor customer service honouring this promotion, particularly when families are struggling financially during covid19, is enticing me to switch to another provider with better service.

So when I was thinking of moving to PM I started looking at their web site and looking around the community. I did this for about a month noting that there were quite often new customer promotions and  I noticed that there were also referral bonuses and sometimes you could snag both at once. About a month later I snagged both bonuses and made the move. It’s called doing your home work. If you don’t want to invest the time in doing homework it quite likely costs you a few $ but everyone’s time is worth different amounts to them. If all I had to do was sign up and then wait for a promotion to start so I could register my complaint I would have saved time for sure. But.... that’s not how things work. Promotions are to entice you over and you didn’t need any enticing, you liked what you saw and signed up.

AE_Collector

@Mellymelrascal wrote:

There's a first for everything is there not ?? 🙂

Good luck in your quest. If you get it...then the PM moderators will get all sorts of "me too's". Go for it though.

I understand everyone wants the best deal possible, but there was a reason everyone came to PM in the first place.  You either are coming from another provider because this was a better deal or you are signing up for the first time as this was the best deal you could find.  So you may miss a promo or you may get it but even if you miss it you are saving money and possibly earning rewards.  What other provider does this?  Plus last year PM gave out multiple gifts to all that were customers at the time of either data or minutes.  While I am sure it is frustrating to miss a deal there is a reason for end times.  You give people a week's grace and the person who is 8 days late is asking why they can't get it as a goodwill gesture.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mellymelrascal

I'm with you I agree

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was the same for me when I joined. Hey there's a sale I would've made use of. And then another hey I totally would've used that one. This was a couple years ago now but the mods did do a little something for me. Not total value of a sale that had gone by, but something. So that was nice. Maybe they're not so nice anymore.

I think there should be a 30 day price guarantee. The plans are 30 days after all. Then you renew. Day 31? Tough.

Mellymelrascal

Clearly you've never worked in customer service before or owned a business. Typically businesses will honour promotions for clients, and regarding reasonable cutoff dates to honour a promotion as a goodwill, it would be reasonable to assume anywhere from 1-30 calender days would be sufficient.

@Mellymelrascal wrote:

Definitely very frustrating. Was hoping for a credit as a goodwill gesture.

I also missed all the flash sales! I want a goodwill gesture too!!

Disclaimer: The above is meant tongue in cheek, since I signed up in 2017 I missed a whole bunch of sign-up promos... But saved soooooo much in actual plan cost, earned a good chunk of rewards, and got the occasional gift. Considerably better than other carriers I contemplated signing up with.

Where would you place the cut-off date for said goodwill credit? One day? One week? One month? One year? If you are getting it, why not Joe who signed up the day before you? etc.

How was the saying: Take this third tier prepaid carrier for what it is, not what you wish for. If it doesn't fit your needs, vote with your wallet and go where features you are looking for are on the menu.

Mellymelrascal

Definitely very frustrating. Was hoping for a credit as a goodwill gesture.

@Mellymelrascal wrote:

@Mellymelrascal You and I are in the same boat.  I activated my sim card just a few days ago.  I have a good plan so I didn't really get annoyed ---- ok I got annoyed a little 😁) when PM introduced the Flash Sale yesterday, Friday.  Maybe we'd get lucky next time.  Fingers crossed.  🤞🏻  Cheers!

@Mellymelrascal 

There can be some sort of promo every 2 to 4 weeks and they might be just for 2-3 days or as long as a couple of weeks. There was one very recently prior to this current promo. I suppose that you arent in BC or ALberta? If you are you receiving a promotion now (5Gb or 1Gb with 1000 minutes) that you would have missed had you not signed up earlier.

There used to be some real good New Customer Promos with free second month or $10 credit per month for anywhere from 3 to 8 months. Sometimes they give away a Data Add-on and on occasion there were referral bonuses of up to $25 (instead of $10) credit for using a referral code to sign up. That has slowed down now with Covid-19 but they are still offering new customer promos again.

AE_Collector

Mellymelrascal

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mellymelrascal , Public Mobile has never made any exceptions and given the deal to those who signed up before a flash sale.  That is the nature of flash sales.  They pop up out of nowhere.  

shep22

@Mellymelrascal wrote:

I joined public mobile this past month , but I wish I waited for the flash sale for the free month. Is there anything Public Mobile can do to still credit my account for a month ? I'm on the $15/month plan with auto-pay.

@Mellymelrascal sorry but you signed up to early ,there will be more though welcome to Public 

Need Help? Let's chat.