Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mexico

Johntl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can I get a temporary plan for Mexico 

12 REPLIES 12

@barbsteers 

Options for your account and service....account suspension can be considered if your holiday coincides with your renewal or you are travelling for longer than 30 days. If you don't have a promotion tied to your plan or an older grandfathered plan that you cannot get back when changing plans then scheduling a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan while away can be considered if you choose to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Your voicemail would then be at your fongo number. If you choose to not forward your number then your pm voicemail can be reached by using your fongo number to call it whether or not you have active service or you suspend via lost/stolen as instructed below.

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

To access voicemail messages from your mobile device, hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad.

@barbsteers : But not in Canada to your US service. And not in the states without a roaming add-on and using your PM SIM to your PM service.

To access voicemail messages from your mobile device, hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad. You can also access your voicemail from a landline or any other phone line, by dialing your 10-digit phone number, selecting ‘Send’ or ‘Call’ and then pressing ‘*’ to skip the system greeting.

If you have internet or data access in Mexico you might want to make a favourite on your browser to......  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles

Dial into your mailbox using your Mexico number. 

barbsteers

Thank you for the reply

How will I check my telephone messages on PM answering service if I have a Mexican SIM card in my phone?

@barbsteers wrote:

So if I keep my PM account active but switch to a Mexican SIM card will anyone who phones my Canadian number go to my PM voice mail?

Yes. As long as your account is in good standing. 

barbsteers

So if I keep my PM account active but switch to a Mexican SIM card will anyone who phones my Canadian number go to my PM voice mail?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Johntl 

only for US Roaming 10 day packages..

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

No add-ons for Mexico.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons.

As suggested above, either local SIM or TextNow/Fongo if free WiFi is available.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Johntl wrote:

@Johntl 

PM has no coverage for Mexico, unfortunately.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM only offers roaming in the US.

You would either have to purchase a local sim or use Wi-Fi apps like Textnow, Skype, or Signal.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Johntl wrote:

Nope...not available at PM. I use TextNow while in Mexico.

edit...or get a local sim and a cheap plan when you get there. Plans are about $20 for a 30 day plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.