cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May need to change to a cheaper plan

Oiler1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to know if different cheaper plan is better for me? How do I contact a service person?

23 REPLIES 23

@Oiler1  Mod is good.   I am glad everything works out!!  

Oiler1

I got a $25 credit  so I changed from $35 to $25 ok now.

what plan do yoiu want back?

@Oiler1 

The moderators are good people. I hope you left a good review for the moderator that served you.

Oiler1

They replied back and were kind enough to give me a $25 credit to my next billing cycle. 🙂

My cycle period was from the 23rd of a month, so 9 days used of the $35 plan is about $10, so $25 for the remaining days unused sounds about right.

Thank to all that helped!

@Oiler1 wrote:

I changed from a $35 to $25 plan, but did not realize the leftover from the $35 plan is not credited to my new plan. Can I somehow get a credit for that?

DELETED - already said by others

@Oiler1 

Explain to the moderators that you had never done this before and it was an honest mistake. Hopefully they will take this into consideration and will change it back as a "one time only" action. Understand that it takes some work on their part to do this especially since you were already 7 days into your 30 day cycle. They instead they may give you a partial credit but they under no obligation to do so. If they do make an effort on your part please ask for a review link to provide feedback on your customer service interaction with the moderators.

In future come to the community and ask questions about your account or anything else before performing any changes. There are no stupid questions only smart customers willing to ask them..... Welcome to the community! We are always willing to help.

@Oiler1 wrote:

Thanks, I submitted a ticket now.

@Oiler1 ok good.  please keep us posted.

Good luck

RosieR

Oiler1

Thanks, I submitted a ticket now.

@Oiler1 wrote:

Yes, I didn't read carefully 😞

@Oiler1 contact the Moderator_Team and hope you get a moderator who is generous and understanding.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Please keep us posted.  thanks in advance

RosieR

Oiler1

Yes, I didn't read carefully 😞

Hi @Oiler1 when changing plans, you will be given a choice of changing plans now or at next renewal.  If you chose now or immediately, this warning will show

RosieR_0-1616622772586.png

If you disregard the warning and still clicked on "Yes, change my plan", then I am not sure if the moderators can help you.  But give it try and let us know.

Please keep us posted.  thanks in advance

RosieR

Oiler1

Thanks I submitted a ticket. I didn't read carefully so I lost 23 days of usage on the other plan.

Oiler1

I had 23 days left 😞 I thought it would auto credit, Sent a ticket to see what they can do.

Contact the moderators to request this - if you ask nicely and admit you made an error, they will most likely assist.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Oiler1

I messed up and chose the change my plan immediately option. I thought I would get credit from my previous plan. Can this changed back to change plan on next renewal? I changed from the $35 to $35 plan.

@Oiler1 

No, PM is a pre-paid service and they probably won't credit you the money.

When you try to change the plan, they actually have a choice of changing now or change it at the end of the current cycle.  Unless you need the new plan to kick in now, maybe you need the extra data or voice min, usually it's better to change select change in the next cycle

How many days left?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Oiler1 

This will depend primarily on two things:

1. how much data do you feel you need every month 
  2. where are you generally calling to

Check out the available plans here,

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#plans-start

Then,  decide which data and talking plan best suits your monthly needs.

Keep in mind that there are currently Limited Time Offers available on the Canada-wide plans so you may want to get in on one of those before those offers are withdrawn.

It's also best advised to change your plan on your next renewal date (as opposed to an immediate change) so you don't lose out on what's remaining paid on your current cycle.

Oiler1

I changed from a $35 to $25 plan, but did not realize the leftover from the $35 plan is not credited to my new plan. Can I somehow get a credit for that?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you change your plan, it is recommended to change on next renewal so you don't lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Oiler1  Not sure what your current plan is.  PM has $15 and $25 plan, you might want to check it out.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Oiler1 wrote:

I want to know if different cheaper plan is better for me? How do I contact a service person?

@Oiler1   You can do that yourself.  Log into your account and select Change Plan near the top of your overview page and then proceed to follow the prompts to the options of plans.  Keep in mind the "sale" price for Canada wide calling which increase in price after the "sale" ends but will be grandfathered in for current customers.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Oiler1 it depends on your existing plan.  Give us more information so we can help you better.

RosieR

Need Help? Let's chat.