cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Call Length

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Saw a few of these posts previously so tested it myself

The network will indeed auto-end your call after 2 hours of talk time (my official timer was 2 hours & 12 minutes)

I can't imagine using a call for that long but the issue does exist

8 REPLIES 8

Time is def not set in stone

Test 1 - 2:12

Test 2 - 2:04

I have seen others claim as high as 2:30 on these boards

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hmm well that's a bit of a bummer. I thought only Wind/Freedom was still doing it but I recall having a call abruptly ended about a month ago around the 141min mark and thought it was the party on the other end. While I rarely have calls over an hour nowadays on a regular basis it does happen every once in a while especially when on conference calls and the really crappy part is that this can just drop all parties on the call.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001c I did not know this - thank you for sharing!!!

With that said my days of having two+ hour calls are loooooong behind me.... I actually kinda hate talking on my phone now.

In person, email, or text.... in person with a beverage always preferred for a two hour conversation 😬🍻

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

This seems to be an unwritten feature of unlimited calling plans in Canada.  I know for a fact that Wind did this.  Calls would end right at the 2 hour mark.  Generally, it was not an issue for me except when dealing with Rogers.  It take as long as half hour just to get someone to speak to and then it's usually the second or third person that is able to resolve the problem.  I have lost calls and had to start over again.

Wow, 2 hr customer service calls are a bit much. I've only had Rogers residential services and never experienced anything close to that..

Just Public so far as I know

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This seems to be an unwritten feature of unlimited calling plans in Canada.  I know for a fact that Wind did this.  Calls would end right at the 2 hour mark.  Generally, it was not an issue for me except when dealing with Rogers.  It take as long as half hour just to get someone to speak to and then it's usually the second or third person that is able to resolve the problem.  I have lost calls and had to start over again.

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is this Telus-wide or just on PM?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I recall reading a while back about something aswell.  makes you glad we have forums and not on hold with crappy music while waiting for telus e al customer support.

Need Help? Let's chat.