cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching other companies plans

rubengburgos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got contacted by Koodo, they offer me a better deal than what I have with Public.

Are you matching other companies plans, or should I leave the company?

9 REPLIES 9

Shapla001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Migration decision is always individual oriented, there is no "The Solution". It may be budget, brand image, service, quality and above all - your very personal perception of comparable values receiving as well as going to be received if migrated.

It's indeed a difficult decision to make. However, we can help you with relavant information, so that your decision becomes informed decision.

PM is part of Telus as well as Koodo is. If your budget, purpose and requirements are served by PM, why should you move? Yes, there may be improved quality, as perceived by others, your decision tilts towards Koodo. If the price is decreased with quantity and quality improvement, you will tilt to Koodo.

As facts are concerned, so many users have recently migrated to Koodo.

Compare both the offer in hand vs the service in hand, will help you to decide.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gonzo @will13am yes if you're either forced [credit issues] or inclined to want to stay with the pre-paid model, then by all means keep ignoring the offers.  Like William said, they are 1-size-fits-some offers and they aren't necessarily tailored to your needs and preferences.  On the other hand, I guess you can't blame Telus for at least trying.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@will13am wrote:

We are going to be so darn lonely here.  Smiley Sad

@will13am I'm still here!  My better half is a PM customer so I'm still invested.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@rubengburgos you should leave like many of us already have, provided the plan you've been offered by Koodo meets your needs better.  I'm guessing you didn't realize that these are intentional migration offers all from within the Telus family, not some other competitor trying to win you away.  PM in general does not price match (they have no loyalty department and there's nobody to negotiate with--the price you see on the https://publicmobile.com/plans page is exactly what's available to you and anyone else that's interested.

We are going to be so darn lonely here.  Smiley Sad

@Gonzo wrote:

What I find interesting about Telus’ PM to Koodo migration offers is that they don’t take into account why some of us came to PM in the first place. For all the inconvenience that users have to put up with (less or slow customer service) we get the freedom of prepaid service and the ability to self-serve our accounts, with very reasonable prices for better-than-basic cell service. For those who need loads of data and don’t feel trapped in postpaid contracts, maybe PM wasn’t what they needed in the first place. Just a thought.

Well said!  These migration offers are not universally for everyone.  Some people have credit issues and cannot qualify for post paid.  Some just don't like the risk of incurring additional costs.  While Koodo is provides conveniences like roaming in many more countries than just the US, these conveniences come at a much higher cost.  We pay 3.75c per minute for overseas calls.  Although the list of countries is shorter, the fees are a lot cheaper than Koodo.  US roaming is $8 per day with Koodo, we can buy a skinny roaming package that is as cheap as $8 lasting for 10 days.  Public Mobile includes call forwarding, Koodo wants $3.  Everyone getting the offer to move should evaluate their own situation and act accordingly.  Don't be swayed by the headline features.  Always keep in mind that Telus is doing this with the hopes of earning more money from the customer, not less.  Corporations are not a charity. 

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What I find interesting about Telus’ PM to Koodo migration offers is that they don’t take into account why some of us came to PM in the first place. For all the inconvenience that users have to put up with (less or slow customer service) we get the freedom of prepaid service and the ability to self-serve our accounts, with very reasonable prices for better-than-basic cell service. For those who need loads of data and don’t feel trapped in postpaid contracts, maybe PM wasn’t what they needed in the first place. Just a thought.

srlawren

@rubengburgos you should leave like many of us already have, provided the plan you've been offered by Koodo meets your needs better.  I'm guessing you didn't realize that these are intentional migration offers all from within the Telus family, not some other competitor trying to win you away.  PM in general does not price match (they have no loyalty department and there's nobody to negotiate with--the price you see on the https://publicmobile.com/plans page is exactly what's available to you and anyone else that's interested.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@rubengburgos

Public Mobile will not match your offer.  Actually, Koodo and Public Mobile are both owned by Telus.  Telus wants you to move from prepaid Public Mobile to postpad Koodo. 

There have been many migration offers to Koodo.  If it is a better deal, go for it.  

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@rubengburgos wrote:

I got contacted by Koodo, they offer me a better deal than what I have with Public.

Are you matching other companies plans, or should I leave the company?

Koodo, along with PM are both a part of the Telus network. The Koodo offer is actually coming from the PM servers. So it is your choice but first consider the potential savings with PM in the long run. So far as network goes it is the same network for all 3.

Need Help? Let's chat.