cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY DATA IS GONE ? HAD 500 MB + BONUS 500 MB

motaman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I opened up additional 3 accounts for my family.  My daughters plan which is the 1st longest plan which I used to do my referral to my other family members Now says there is no data but the plan states she does.

She use to have 500 mb + 500 mb bonus whats happened?

29 REPLIES 29

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @motaman,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your patience!

If you or your daughter require any assistance with her account or her data, feel free to send us a private message. We'll gladly help out 🙂

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

motaman

All my accounts I do autopay so this would not be the case 

Tarah-gve

That can also happen if you didn't top up the number to the amount needed for the plan you have chosen for your daughter.

motaman

Yes it was a 500mb bonus on top of your current 500 for a total of 1GB I’m hoping I see it come next cycle

Was this a promotional plan that I'm not remembering?  I don't recall a 500 MB bonus data that was for the next cycle.

motaman

Yes 1GB but in my ‘pkg’ description it states 500mb will wait for my next cycle in 5 days to see what happens thanks !!

motaman

Thanks for your help !!

motaman

No I had this plan for several months now just now I realize I can’t iMessage her and now that I’m looking I don’t even see the 500mb bonus she once had maybe it expired

I think the "bonus" justs rolls into the data total, so it would be 1GB of data.  The "bonus" is somewhat misnamed, as it doesn't go away like the bonus offers at other carriers (after so many months....)

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@motaman wrote:

I see 0 data ususage? in all the pages

Its hard to find "web" and only shows 1 entry per day of data, you may have to scroll 50+ pages to find 1 if you do lots of texting. Its designed very bad. There may not have been data for a week+ so keep clicking next page till you find it. You will 100% find it since it gives the entire history but may take a long time

What is the description listed for her plan, and how much is the 'plan cost'??  Perhaps it's not the plan you're expecting to see?

Dunkgirl

@motaman wrote:

Thanks....this must be the case.  My cycle is due in 5 days hopefully she will get back 500mb + 500mb BONUS because I don't see this bonus written anywhere 😞

I would think the bonus data would have shown on the add-on and disappeared when it was used up. If it does not show up when the plan is renewed contact the mod team and ask them to look into your plan. If you paid for it and signed up you would be intitled to what you paid for. 🙂 Good luck

motaman

Thanks....this must be the case.  My cycle is due in 5 days hopefully she will get back 500mb + 500mb BONUS because I don't see this bonus written anywhere 😞

Dunkgirl

@motaman wrote:

wonder if she used it all up even though she is 99% wifi linked and doesn't watch videos unless she is wifi connected? But find it strange the usuage doesn't show in any of the history...

Depending on options of the phone if wifi is slow or poor connection quality it will switch back and forth between cell / wifi, sometimes wifi goes down and still shows its connected but you may be using cell data, its best to set restrictions / configure options / use a firewall. There is also text messages sent to your phone when you are close to using all your data. There are also options to use both wifi and cell at the same time to the absolute fastest speed or keep cell data turned on with wifi

motaman

I see 0 data ususage? in all the pages

motaman

wonder if she used it all up even though she is 99% wifi linked and doesn't watch videos unless she is wifi connected? But find it strange the usuage doesn't show in any of the history...

motaman

but doesn't give you a history of usuag and where did the 500 mb bonus go also? Doesn't even metion this anywhere

motaman

Doesn't show in the "overview" at all and yet its stated in my plan description however only mentions 500mb and no bonus of 500mb which is what my daughter has had for months on end.

Dunkgirl

@motaman wrote:

pm2.jpg

Its very hard to see that picture, if you hit the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard, then load your paint program we can actually see it, im mostly guessing I feel blind but looks like its missing from your add-on, but is there in your plan details, so then it means you have used all your data

1gb is not a lot of data with unrestricted access, if you watched a video or did a map/ system update and are 4g / lte you can use 1gb in a matter of minutes

Check here to see your data usage

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/

motaman

pm2.jpg

motaman

pm2.jpg

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@motaman can you please post a screen capture of your plan details as shown in self-serve like @RobertQc asked?  Please mask or trim out any personal details like phone number or account number or name.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@will13am wrote:

@motaman,   If you see no reference to data in the overview page, it means the data allotment has been all used up.  Conventional thinking would suggest that the system display the data still showing 100% consumption.  Unfortunately, the self serve is programmed to remove reference to data when it is all used up. 

@srlawren wrote:

@motaman if the data isn't showing on the OVERVIEW Page (when you first sign into self-serve), then it has been used up for your current cycle. 

INTERESTING! I did not know it worked this way!

Thats great info!  I have never run out of data yet. Thank you both for the power (knowledge)

motaman

so once data is used up .....the usuage of when i used it all up dissappears?  plus my 500 bonus doesn't even mention it in my plan....confused

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@motaman if the data isn't showing on the OVERVIEW Page (when you first sign into self-serve), then it has been used up for your current cycle.  If you don't see the data list in your plan details (I believe it's the Plans & Add-ons page), then you have an account issue and will need to contact the moderator team for assistance.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@motaman wrote:

Hi My SELSERVE shows NO DATA at all not even a "history of data usuage" just realized after trying to imessage my daughter and she said I can only text her.  My plan for her was 500+500 bonus yet i have NO DATA showing

Can you take a screenshot of self serve  (but delete your personal information (name, account number, email from it)

@motaman wrote:

Hi My SELSERVE shows NO DATA at all not even a "history of data usuage" just realized after trying to imessage my daughter and she said I can only text her.  My plan for her was 500+500 bonus yet i have NO DATA showing

@motaman, you have just bumped onto one of the quirks with the self serve system.  If you see no reference to data in the overview page, it means the data allotment has been all used up.  Conventional thinking would suggest that the system display the data still showing 100% consumption.  Unfortunately, the self serve is programmed to remove reference to data when it is all used up. 

motaman

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@motaman wrote:

I opened up additional 3 accounts for my family.  My daughters plan which is the 1st longest plan which I used to do my referral to my other family members Now says there is no data but the plan states she does.

She use to have 500 mb + 500 mb bonus whats happened?

When you say gone, its still in your self-serve and just not able to use data on one phone? Self-serv says you still have data left?

Check for data usage restriction in phone since we use a 30/90 day cycle and differes from build in monthly dashboard, check APN misconfig, cycle power, turn air plan ON then OFF if still not working try putting your sim card from the phone that does not have data in one of the phones where data is working. If so and it works you know its just your phone that has an issue. There are many local issues that could be causing your data not to be working (if your self-serv shows you still have data left) but try those simple things first and let us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.