cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS messaging

LinneaMantha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone tell me how I can add mms onto my plan? I need picture messaging and can't find it in any of the add-ons or plans

10 REPLIES 10

@computergeek541 right. I never thought about that data only plan or older plans. Ill keep that in mind in the future. 

@Naepalm wrote:

@LinneaMantha 

All plans have mms messaging. In order to send mms you have to have data turned on. It wont take any data to send but data has to be on to initiate the mms.  Even the 15.00 plan has picture measaging. 

Screenshot_20200509_185137.jpg

I agree with you that most customers have plans that included MMS. However, not all customers do. There is a data-only plan that does not include it.  There are also some customers on past plans that do no include any text messages or MMS messages.

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LinneaMantha wrote:

My data is always on, I have  een with public mobile since the fall and have never been able to send or receive mms messages. I always have to send through facebook messenger which obviously requires data

As others have said, this is an issue with your phone settings. What phone are you using? Let the community know and somebody will tell you exactly how to set it up.

@LinneaMantha wrote:

My data is always on, I have  een with public mobile since the fall and have never been able to send or receive mms messages. I always have to send through facebook messenger which obviously requires data

@LinneaMantha   Have you checked your APN settings for your phone?  You can try this link for the correct APN settings: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LinneaMantha wrote:

Then yes that's in your APN settings. What make and OS is your phone?

LinneaMantha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LinneaMantha wrote:

Can anyone tell me how I can add mms onto my plan? I need picture messaging and can't find it in any of the add-ons or plans

@LinneaMantha   Yes no data is needed to send and receive MMS, just need to turn on data in your phone settings as mentioned.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@LinneaMantha 

All plans have mms messaging. In order to send mms you have to have data turned on. It wont take any data to send but data has to be on to initiate the mms.  Even the 15.00 plan has picture measaging. 

Screenshot_20200509_185137.jpg

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@LinneaMantha All of the current plans sold now include unlimited worldwide mms text messages from within Canada. If it isn't working with data turned on. What's the make and model of your phone?  You may have to change your APN settings. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@LinneaMantha Hello you should already have it all you have to do is enable your data

Need Help? Let's chat.