cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS error??

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello all. 

Today I started to receive an error when sending MMS messages, stating that MMS is not supported/server error, and then receiving messages sent from the other person, with the text reading "2504:Your balance is too low"....

Anyone have any idea what that is? Or if there is a fix that I'm not aware of? 

Having worked in tech previously, I've done the usual cycling, SIM removing, etc. 

The balance isn't an issue, for starters. My plan is coming up for renewal on the 30th and there's more than enough for that. 

Just flummoxed. 

22 REPLIES 22

risaak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i just got a sim card for my daughter and having the same problem...thanks for your messages. hopefully this will help

Shaheer

Yeah, it's probably best for the @CS_Agent to provide an update with a deeper fix.

Clefort88
Crossing my fingers that it doesn't revert back tomorrow, because it's extremely frustrating lol
We shall see! Maybe the Mods could shed some light for you also?

rkresnik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the exact same problem and while that might work for a day I find it keeps reverting back to the same message. I think its an issue when PM reloads your account at the beginning of the billing cycle. I've done all of the same APN fixes and everytime it reverts back to the same thing a few days later.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow. Who would've thunk it. Good job @Shaheer

Shaheer

@Clefort88 wrote:
@Shaheer, I just used those, restarted and I did receive two pictures, and was able to send a couple. Looks as though that was the fix.
SO RANDOM. I've been using the same APN settings since I purchased this phone at the beginning of May and somehow now...It just stops working :') what even?!

Awesome! Glad things worked out!

Clefort88
@Shaheer, I just used those, restarted and I did receive two pictures, and was able to send a couple. Looks as though that was the fix.
SO RANDOM. I've been using the same APN settings since I purchased this phone at the beginning of May and somehow now...It just stops working :') what even?!

Shaheer

@Clefort88 wrote:
Ah, that might do it although I refuse to have internet in my home, so I've actually been doing all this forum work on my mobile network.

Have you tried these APN settings though?

Name: CA - Public Mobile MMS

APN: sp.mb.com

Authentication Type: PAP

APN Type: MMS

Clefort88
Ah, that might do it although I refuse to have internet in my home, so I've actually been doing all this forum work on my mobile network.

jjhack84

It might be a network issue. I took a quick peak and the telus network is having some issues today.  Have you tried using WhatsApp over a wifi network. It's usually my backup when I'm in a low signal area.

http://canadianoutages.com/status/telus

Clefort88

20180726_175356.jpg

Whaaaaaaat is going on?!?!

Shaheer

@Clefort88 wrote:
After restarting, two pictures have sent to others, but when they attempt to send me a picture, it's giving me the "your balance is too low" error in their text box

Try these APN settings: 

Name: CA - Public Mobile MMS

APN: sp.mb.com

Authentication Type: PAP

APN Type: MMS

Clefort88
After restarting, two pictures have sent to others, but when they attempt to send me a picture, it's giving me the "your balance is too low" error in their text box

Clefort88
Android, with Oreo update.

I'm using the stock messaging app. I was using Textra which is my favourite and amazing, but it was giving me the same error messages so I switched to stock to see if that would remedy the issue.
It has not.
I've done the APN switch and have restarted my phone.
I'm reticent to attempt sending a picture for fear that it will give me that disappointing notification again haha

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Android or ios?

Is the messaging app on the latest version?

Have you tried switching apps?

Clefort88
I did follow the APN guide, added the PM one, with all the proper settings, thrice checked, and now it's simply not sending at all. No error message, but pictures also just aren't sending at all.
Could definitely use the assistance of @CS_Agent lol

jjhack84

I googled the error and it does ellude to an error in your apn settings. I would follow the steps in the previous post to try and fix the problem.

Shaheer

@Clefort88 wrote:
It just keeps saying "server response error" lol
Sends like 3 pictures and then gives me that error.

Hmm...

This is probably a deeper network issue then. Paging @CS_Agent to help you out.

In the mean time, why not try configuring your APN to match the values in this post? Maybe a solution will pop up that way.

Clefort88
It just keeps saying "server response error" lol
Sends like 3 pictures and then gives me that error.

Clefort88
I am not on any limited plan whatsoever. Unlimited everything and 6.5GBs of data.

As for the mobile data, yes everything is on. I never turn my data off, and my messages are allowed full access even when Data Saver is on.

Shaheer

Hello,

Have you tried sending the MMS with data on? It's alright if you don't have a data plan. The data just needs to be on. Make sure your data is on and your friend's data is on, as well. Try it then.

Here's a post to configure your APN to make sure cellular data is properly set up.

Hope you find a fix!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Clefort88. Are you on the limited text/min plan? 

Need Help? Let's chat.