cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAJOR PROBLEM - plan not working and Public Mobile charging me extra money!!

DaveT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have reposted this because there were some problems with the orginal post vanishing/glitching. I did try reactivating my phone through the lost/stolen phone option which someone explained to do but this has not worked either. Thanks anyway, hopefully I can get this resolved soon.

Hello, I have been travelling in BC, a few hours from home and my plan stopped working 6 days ago and I have tried many things to revive it but still I cannot make phone calls, send texts and data is not working. This is extremely frustrating especially while I am away from home and trying to make communication and arrangements with my family and others. The problem started on the evening of May 27th (6 days ago), when I went over my data limit doing a video call to my wife and 1 year old daughter. I was actually at the very last day of my plan cycle so auto pay was just about to go off and pay for my next month of my $30 plan which is supposed to give unlimited Canada wide calling/text and 1GB data (with autopay). 

I logged onto my account and paid an extra $14 I owed which I am not sure why but I was ready do whatever I could to get the phone working. Still couldn't make calls/send texts after that. When I call my voicemail, it says I need a long distance add on to make the call. When logged into my account it shows my $30 plan is working fine and I have barely used any of my data. Payment details also show I paid an extra $20 for 1GB of data which is quite strange because I never did that. When I ran out of data on my video call mentioned above, there was no indication or messages telling me I was over my data limit prior to the call, during the call or after the call. I was just left completely in the dark why my plan wasn't working and on top of that charged an extra $14 and $20 as mentioned above. 

I really feel I have been mistreated by Public Mobile, 6 days later my phone plan is still not working yet I have been charged money, when I login to my account there are no indications of how to fix this or that there is even anything wrong with my account.

I expect reimbursment from Public Mobile for the extra $34 I paid and I expect to get my plan working again. Even if I go over my data limit I think it is reasonable to expect that my phone and text messaging should still work and that there should be a simple way to either buy more data or just wait till the next billing cycle for the data to refresh which in my case was set to refresh the next day or shorlty after that I could have made do without data. 

Could someone please help me and arrange to reimburse what I have unfairly paid? I have spent way too much time on this that I beleive I should also receive an additional month of my plan given to me. Please help. I don't want to have to quit Public Mobile but what options do I have left!?

Thank you

Dave

29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kcjacko0128 wrote:

A quick answer to your people's would whiching to airplane mode then off again, if that don't go connect via wifi it might need to have connection internet before enabling your plan. As for being over charged get in contact with a public mobile moderator with your problem they'll fix the mess for you,but I must warning it takes roughly 30 days for the refund to go thorough just saying.

Let me know if this helped any.

Good of you to jump in and participate and all but notice the green bar and green check mark. That indicates that the problem has been solved. Often some other chatter will continue (like here 🙂 ) but adding answers to a solved question is not necessary.

fyi

Do as you wish.

kcjacko0128
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A quick answer to your people's would whiching to airplane mode then off again, if that don't go connect via wifi it might need to have connection internet before enabling your plan. As for being over charged get in contact with a public mobile moderator with your problem they'll fix the mess for you,but I must warning it takes roughly 30 days for the refund to go thorough just saying.

Let me know if this helped any.

@stonechucker wrote:

A true buddy would find me if they wanted me to join, even join for me, and I'd pay my buddy back

@stonechucker  You are correct. I edited my post above.Smiley Happy

@geopublic wrote:

:

@DaveT wrote:

Hi, adding the $1 worked. My phone is back up and running a week later!!! That was a huge pain in the but I feel like I should get something from Public for all the anguish . Thanks for your help. 

Well, the benefit is you pay for only the service time once the plan is reactivated, so that week without service wasn't paid for.  You are now on Day 1 of your 30 or 90-day plan.

I guess there is always a silver lining. So what if your buddies called you if you wanted in on that 649 group play. Now there up 6 million but you are now on Day 1 of your 30 or 90-day plan Smiley Happy Priceless!!

A true buddy would find me if they wanted me to join, even join for me, and I'd pay my buddy back.

@stonechucker wrote:

@DaveT wrote:

Hi, adding the $1 worked. My phone is back up and running a week later!!! That was a huge pain in the but I feel like I should get something from Public for all the anguish . Thanks for your help. 

Well, the benefit is you pay for only the service time once the plan is reactivated, so that week without service wasn't paid for.  You are now on Day 1 of your 30 or 90-day plan.

@stonechucker wrote:

@DaveT wrote:

I guess there is always a silver lining. So what if your buddies  ex co-workers called you if you wanted in on that 649 group play. Now there up 6 million but you are now on Day 1 of your 30 or 90-day plan Smiley Happy Priceless!!

@DaveT wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@DaveT  was it the $1 trick that got your service going again?

Brain f@rt from an Oracle. Haven't we all been there. 🙂 2 posts above. The OP's last post.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DaveT  was it the $1 trick that got your service going again?

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DaveT wrote:

Glad you got it back working 😄 Fingers crossed that it stays that way. And at least now you know a few tricks in case you run into any problems in the future. (I hope you never need them though!)

DaveT

@DaveT wrote:

In any case, it is a confusing set up how it shows the transacations. I am signed up for the $30 a month plan which I is also supposed to have $10 off per month for the first six months which I am still in. I referred one person and I have auto pay set up so technically I should only be paying $17 per month for the first sixe months which I am still in now. So maybe Public Mobile's trick is to make it look confusing so they can charge you more?

On a related note I see the $30 per month plan has now switched to $25 per month so do you know if Public Mobile will be giving that better price to everyone already subsribed on th $30/month plan? Thanks

@DaveT  No, it's not automatic you would have to setup the plan change via online selfserve. Keep in mind if you switch plans before your $10 off for 6 months promo ends you will lose the remainder of  your $10 promo because your plan will be below the $30 requirement.

gjona

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that. Make sure to write to the moderator team.  They will get back to you and solve you issue. Good luck

Gjona

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveT wrote:

In any case, it is a confusing set up how it shows the transacations. I am signed up for the $30 a month plan which I is also supposed to have $10 off per month for the first six months which I am still in. I referred one person and I have auto pay set up so technically I should only be paying $17 per month for the first sixe months which I am still in now. So maybe Public Mobile's trick is to make it look confusing so they can charge you more?

On a related note I see the $30 per month plan has now switched to $25 per month so do you know if Public Mobile will be giving that better price to everyone already subsribed on th $30/month plan? Thanks

You kinda are paying $17. But you had a $3 credit on hand so it only needed $14 recently. Like I said before...we don't see your other payment history pages.

No. Plans don't change on their own. Imagine the uproar if they did. You need to change to a plan that you would prefer. But then in your case you'd lose the $10 credit from the promo you signed up in.

DaveT

@DaveT, not sure if you can find an 'activate' or 'reactivate' button in your self-serve (MyAccount).  It sounds like you have all the available funds for renewing your plan, so if you can find the button, try clicking on it to restore service.

@DaveT 

With the payment history, as stated above, it does make sense.  The problem is that your autopay failed on May 28, when you put money into your plan on May 31, it did not renew and it is not functioning.  

You already tried the lost/stolen phone trick.  Another trick is to manually load $1 into your account.  This sometimes help to restart your plan.  If that does not work, you will unfortunately need to wait for moderator.  

Noticed several autopay failures recently on the community forum.  Too many technical issues the last month or two.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveT wrote:

I don't see what you are talking about. The only $14 payment was on May 31st. The $14 payment also came at the time my phone service shutdown saying I needed to pay it to reactivate. I have no idea why it needed me to pay $14 and after paying it, it did not reactivate my phone plan. I am still stuck with no service from PM.

I know we didn't ask you for it but we don't know your cash flow before this page.
After your end of March renewal you ended up with $20 in your account.
Apr 5 you got your $10 promo credit.
Apr 28 you got your rewards and the plan renewal where you ended up with $3 remaining in your account.
May 5 you got your promo credit.

So now we're here.

May 28 you got your rewards.

The autopay didn't work.

On the 31st you saw it needed another $14 so you paid that. This was to be able to add to your previous rewards and credits you got on the 28th to be able to pay for your $30 plan.
So now your account is kinda confused but the money is fine.
But your service is not.
I really hope you have long since sent a private message to the moderators so that they can make this right.

MandyJ

@DaveT wrote:

I don't see what you are talking about. The only $14 payment was on May 31st. 

The reason it shows a $14 dollar payment this time and not before, was because this was the first renewal that came up where you had less than $30 balance already in your account. At least for the timespan shown in your screenshot. So it had to draw the additional funds to cover the full charges.

DaveT

I don't see what you are talking about. The only $14 payment was on May 31st. The $14 payment also came at the time my phone service shutdown saying I needed to pay it to reactivate. I have no idea why it needed me to pay $14 and after paying it, it did not reactivate my phone plan. I am still stuck with no service from PM.

MandyJ

Yea, from what I can see, your account had $16 worth of credits, and you needed $30 to cover your charges ($10 30-day plan+$20 1GB data). I'd say that $14 was taken with autopay to make up the difference between the $16 that you had and the $30 that was required to pay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveT wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have reviewed my payment history and now I think the only strange one is the $14 one. I guess the $20 data was part of my plan?? Here is a screenshot of my payment history below:

Anyway the public mobile service still does not work on my phone. That will be a week without a phone tomorrow. 

Apr 28 you ended up with $3. Then some rewards and credits were added but to get to the $30 plan, it needed $14. The only thing that might be odd are the staggered days of rewards then plan charges.

DaveT

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have reviewed my payment history and now I think the only strange one is the $14 one. I guess the $20 data was part of my plan?? Here is a screenshot of my payment history below:

public mobile transactions.jpg

Anyway the public mobile service still does not work on my phone. That will be a week without a phone tomorrow. 

Butterz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@DaveT wrote:

I have reposted this because there were some problems with the orginal post vanishing/glitching. I did try reactivating my phone through the lost/stolen phone option which someone explained to do but this has not worked either. Thanks anyway, hopefully I can get this resolved soon.

Hello, I have been travelling in BC, a few hours from home and my plan stopped working 6 days ago and I have tried many things to revive it but still I cannot make phone calls, send texts and data is not working. This is extremely frustrating especially while I am away from home and trying to make communication and arrangements with my family and others. The problem started on the evening of May 27th (6 days ago), when I went over my data limit doing a video call to my wife and 1 year old daughter. I was actually at the very last day of my plan cycle so auto pay was just about to go off and pay for my next month of my $30 plan which is supposed to give unlimited Canada wide calling/text and 1GB data (with autopay). 

I logged onto my account and paid an extra $14 I owed which I am not sure why but I was ready do whatever I could to get the phone working. Still couldn't make calls/send texts after that. When I call my voicemail, it says I need a long distance add on to make the call. When logged into my account it shows my $30 plan is working fine and I have barely used any of my data. Payment details also show I paid an extra $20 for 1GB of data which is quite strange because I never did that. When I ran out of data on my video call mentioned above, there was no indication or messages telling me I was over my data limit prior to the call, during the call or after the call. I was just left completely in the dark why my plan wasn't working and on top of that charged an extra $14 and $20 as mentioned above. 

I really feel I have been mistreated by Public Mobile, 6 days later my phone plan is still not working yet I have been charged money, when I login to my account there are no indications of how to fix this or that there is even anything wrong with my account.

I expect reimbursment from Public Mobile for the extra $34 I paid and I expect to get my plan working again. Even if I go over my data limit I think it is reasonable to expect that my phone and text messaging should still work and that there should be a simple way to either buy more data or just wait till the next billing cycle for the data to refresh which in my case was set to refresh the next day or shorlty after that I could have made do without data. 

Could someone please help me and arrange to reimburse what I have unfairly paid? I have spent way too much time on this that I beleive I should also receive an additional month of my plan given to me. Please help. I don't want to have to quit Public Mobile but what options do I have left!?

Thank you

Dave

You should talk to a Moderator Chat Now!!

But also have you checked your account status is it active still?

You will need a new Sim Card if you do not chat with a moderator about this problem to get your phone backup and working.

Moderators should be able to credit your account no problem.

Dogbert

Since this is a "MAJOR PROBLEM"; I recommend you purchase another PM Sim at a local store where you're located.

Activate it and you'll have a temporary phone to use; a simple workaround to your "MAJOR PROBLEM".

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DaveT 

If you did not send a send a private message to moderator already, please no it ASAP before trying anything else.  Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.  There are 5 moderators online at the moment(Sunday 11:27am MDT).

Looking forward to review your payment history screen shot suggested by z10user4.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an article about how to manage your data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear about your woes.  Usually you will get several text messages when you are about to use up your data limit.  You can also set a limit on your phone.  PM are prepaid so no guarantee about getting a refund but you can try contacting a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ohhh... I'm up to speed now.

Toss this one over to the Moderators....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveT 

There we go. See if this one blows up.

Would you be willing to post a screen snip of your recent payment history. Blank out personal info of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.