cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: MAJOR PROBLEM - plan not working and Public Mobile charging me extra money!!

Yea, from what I can see, your account had $16 worth of credits, and you needed $30 to cover your charges ($10 30-day plan+$20 1GB data). I'd say that $14 was taken with autopay to make up the difference between the $16 that you had and the $30 that was required to pay.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: MAJOR PROBLEM - plan not working and Public Mobile charging me extra money!!

I don't see what you are talking about. The only $14 payment was on May 31st. The $14 payment also came at the time my phone service shutdown saying I needed to pay it to reactivate. I have no idea why it needed me to pay $14 and after paying it, it did not reactivate my phone plan. I am still stuck with no service from PM.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DaveT wrote:

I don't see what you are talking about. The only $14 payment was on May 31st. 

The reason it shows a $14 dollar payment this time and not before, was because this was the first renewal that came up where you had less than $30 balance already in your account. At least for the timespan shown in your screenshot. So it had to draw the additional funds to cover the full charges.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@DaveT wrote:

I don't see what you are talking about. The only $14 payment was on May 31st. The $14 payment also came at the time my phone service shutdown saying I needed to pay it to reactivate. I have no idea why it needed me to pay $14 and after paying it, it did not reactivate my phone plan. I am still stuck with no service from PM.

I know we didn't ask you for it but we don't know your cash flow before this page.
After your end of March renewal you ended up with $20 in your account.
Apr 5 you got your $10 promo credit.
Apr 28 you got your rewards and the plan renewal where you ended up with $3 remaining in your account.
May 5 you got your promo credit.

So now we're here.

May 28 you got your rewards.

The autopay didn't work.

On the 31st you saw it needed another $14 so you paid that. This was to be able to add to your previous rewards and credits you got on the 28th to be able to pay for your $30 plan.
So now your account is kinda confused but the money is fine.
But your service is not.
I really hope you have long since sent a private message to the moderators so that they can make this right.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@DaveT 

With the payment history, as stated above, it does make sense.  The problem is that your autopay failed on May 28, when you put money into your plan on May 31, it did not renew and it is not functioning.  

You already tried the lost/stolen phone trick.  Another trick is to manually load $1 into your account.  This sometimes help to restart your plan.  If that does not work, you will unfortunately need to wait for moderator.  

Noticed several autopay failures recently on the community forum.  Too many technical issues the last month or two.  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@DaveT, not sure if you can find an 'activate' or 'reactivate' button in your self-serve (MyAccount).  It sounds like you have all the available funds for renewing your plan, so if you can find the button, try clicking on it to restore service.

Highlighted

In any case, it is a confusing set up how it shows the transacations. I am signed up for the $30 a month plan which I is also supposed to have $10 off per month for the first six months which I am still in. I referred one person and I have auto pay set up so technically I should only be paying $17 per month for the first sixe months which I am still in now. So maybe Public Mobile's trick is to make it look confusing so they can charge you more?

On a related note I see the $30 per month plan has now switched to $25 per month so do you know if Public Mobile will be giving that better price to everyone already subsribed on th $30/month plan? Thanks

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@DaveT wrote:

In any case, it is a confusing set up how it shows the transacations. I am signed up for the $30 a month plan which I is also supposed to have $10 off per month for the first six months which I am still in. I referred one person and I have auto pay set up so technically I should only be paying $17 per month for the first sixe months which I am still in now. So maybe Public Mobile's trick is to make it look confusing so they can charge you more?

On a related note I see the $30 per month plan has now switched to $25 per month so do you know if Public Mobile will be giving that better price to everyone already subsribed on th $30/month plan? Thanks

You kinda are paying $17. But you had a $3 credit on hand so it only needed $14 recently. Like I said before...we don't see your other payment history pages.

No. Plans don't change on their own. Imagine the uproar if they did. You need to change to a plan that you would prefer. But then in your case you'd lose the $10 credit from the promo you signed up in.

Highlighted

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that. Make sure to write to the moderator team.  They will get back to you and solve you issue. Good luck

Gjona

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@DaveT wrote:

@DaveT  No, it's not automatic you would have to setup the plan change via online selfserve. Keep in mind if you switch plans before your $10 off for 6 months promo ends you will lose the remainder of  your $10 promo because your plan will be below the $30 requirement.