cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunar New Year Promotion: Incorrect cycle shown

Tsuioku
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined Public Mobile early March for the LNY Promo which includes 1GB of bonus data for 8 months.  I just signed in to my self serve account and noticed that it's indicating that I'm on cycle 4/8. 

I just made my 3rd payment so shouldn't I be on cycle 3/8?  Anybody else noticing this?

17 REPLIES 17

@Tsuioku wrote:

And I apologize for creating a thread that caused such an apologetic confusion 🤣

For a quick update, a MOD has responded and confirmed it is an error.  I was asked to check back in if the data disappears on the 8th month for a manual credit.

@Tsuioku , no apologize .. lol

glad it works out.  Just make sure you remember to check back on the 8th month.. don't let them run away with your money.. 🙂

@Tsuioku 

I'm happy to hear they acknowledged the error and will correct it when the time comes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tsuioku : Thanks for the update. So mark your calendar for the renewal around about the end of Sep to see if that promo box is still there after the renewal. If not then they can manually give you another gig to stay 'til the end of the promo. Maybe they could give you an add-on at that time so that it could stay on the account until fully consumed.

@Tsuioku wrote:

And I apologize for creating a thread that caused such an apologetic confusion 🤣

For a quick update, a MOD has responded and confirmed it is an error.  I was asked to check back in if the data disappears on the 8th month for a manual credit.

@Tsuioku Good to hear.

I suggest you do not delete that Message from the MOD, and ensure you have it at the ready, when your 8th month comes around as proof you should receive a credit.

Screen shots mean a lot around here. 😁

Tsuioku

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : I don't think you need to apologize. It's always good to clarify semantic interpretations.

Wasn't intending to come across as apologizing.   Sorry if I did.   🤣🤣🤣

Just wanted to offer the OP a 'communal regret' for a couple other users who seemingly mis-interpreted the actual start date of the discussed promotion which formed the basis of my earlier supposition.

That's all...  😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : I don't think you need to apologize. It's always good to clarify semantic interpretations.

Thanks for clarifying, @Tsuioku 

It's regretful my earlier suggestion caused unnecessary confusion to some on the promotion start date.  My intent wasn't to confuse you by offering the possibility.   

Here's the initial announcement if its at all helpful:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Lunar-New-Year-Offer/m-p/648251

Tsuioku

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Yup, I did indeed activate early March.  When I said 3rd payment, it does include activation and I have confirmed the number of payments via the Transaction history in the Self Serve portal.

Ticket created. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If OP activated the plan in early part of February, OP may be on the 4th 1GB.

@HALIMACS 

OP did not mention the word "renewal".  It is fine to ask OP to clarify.  

- The first payment in March is the first payment - activation billing cycle - first 1GB added within 30 days.

- The second payment in April is the second payment - first renewal - second 1 GB added during renewal

- The third payment in May is the third payment - second renewal - third 1 GB added during renewal

Therefore, after the May renewal, OP should be on the third 1GB and not the fourth 1GB data.  

@darlicious is correct. 

@Tsuioku Create support ticket using the info provided by @softech post above.

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

The lunar new year promo started February 22nd and the OP said they activated in early March it is not mathematically possible to be on the 4th month ( 30 day cycle).

@darlicious 

From my mathematical calculations it is, indeed, possible based on the January 29, 2021, release date of the offer.  (said to have been "Edited on Feb 22, 2021" by Catherine_T to extend it to Feb 28, 2021)

Not suggesting the OP didn't activate earlier than they stated, just throwing it out there as a potential possibility...

@HALIMACS 

The lunar new year promo started February 22nd and the OP said they activated in early March it is not mathematically possible to be on the 4th month ( 30 day cycle).

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tsuioku 

Just want to be sure you activated early March, and perhaps not in February.

When you say you've "made your 3rd payment",  presume you mean including the initial activation payment?

Or do you mean your third renewal payment? (which would mean that you're currently in your fourth cycle)

Can you please locate your "Welcome to Public Mobile" activation email to confirm the actual date of activation?

@Tsuioku 

Your reasoning makes sense to me....

1. March to April   1/8
  2. April to May      2/8
  3. May to June     3/8  (current cycle)

Contact the moderators as previously mentioned.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tsuioku wrote:

I joined Public Mobile early March for the LNY Promo which includes 1GB of bonus data for 8 months.  I just signed in to my self serve account and noticed that it's indicating that I'm on cycle 4/8. 

I just made my 3rd payment so shouldn't I be on cycle 3/8?  Anybody else noticing this?

Hello @Tsuioku ,

What was your activation date? You had to activate before March 6, 2021.

Was this the promo, see info. here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Lunar-New-Year-Offer/m-p/648251

Since this is prepaid service, it may be showing your cycle that you just renewed on.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

sound like you have to open a ticket with Mod.  But just a reminder, PM is running a 30days cycle and not a true monthly cycle

To contact Mod: 

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html, then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Click on your payment history.

If it doesn't match contact mods

Need Help? Let's chat.