cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucky mobile has much better data add-ons

Stuiiful-92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They have 3G data add ons for a very reasonable price.

$5 for 500mb

$10 for 1GB

$15 for 2GB

much more reasonable prices for the data add ons and they are normal 3G speeds. They don’t roll over though so PM have them beat there but 1GB of data for $30 is outrageous 

21 REPLIES 21

MsLovely420

okay thanks for your Insight😊

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@CellGirl wrote:

@MsLovely420 wrote:

MUCH agreed, PM has good service but their data add-ons SUCK BIG TIME, U GET WAY TOO little and they ask for too much!! It's a shame but I think in going to leave and go with Chatr or Lucky Mobile as I also hate that PM has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHAT SO EVER!!! 🙄😒😠😡🤬😤

@MsLovely420 

"NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHAT SO EVER"  Are you joking? PM has a wealth of helpful people who are always resolving issues online around the clock. You should read through the forum sometime. If you go with a mobile provider who has a "customer service" number you can call with problems, you're at the mercy of that one person you're speaking to on the phone, and they may or may not be competent. Not to mention your time waiting on the phone while they investigate..then if your issue isn't fixed, you have to phone again...  No thanks! At PM, you post your issue online, and within minutes, many people are posting resolutions. From all the providers I've been with, PM is the best Woman Very Happy

And other carriers now starting charging for customer service over the phone for like $10 ?!  LOL

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MsLovely420 wrote:

MUCH agreed, PM has good service but their data add-ons SUCK BIG TIME, U GET WAY TOO little and they ask for too much!! It's a shame but I think in going to leave and go with Chatr or Lucky Mobile as I also hate that PM has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHAT SO EVER!!! 🙄😒😠😡🤬😤

@MsLovely420 

"NO CUSTOMER SERVICE WHAT SO EVER"  Are you joking? PM has a wealth of helpful people who are always resolving issues online around the clock. You should read through the forum sometime. If you go with a mobile provider who has a "customer service" number you can call with problems, you're at the mercy of that one person you're speaking to on the phone, and they may or may not be competent. Not to mention your time waiting on the phone while they investigate..then if your issue isn't fixed, you have to phone again...  No thanks! At PM, you post your issue online, and within minutes, many people are posting resolutions. From all the providers I've been with, PM is the best Woman Very Happy

Roger3

I see your point. Unless you are on a legacy plan, currently, PM is charging 200% more for 1 gb data compare to Luck. 

I’m still on the Fall 2016 Promo with LTE data.  My next renewal is going to be $7 for 90-day cycle.

Can’t get that anywhere else.

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well said!

My math says PM is better.

PM on autopay $40 (net $38): unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited international text, 5 GB data 

Lucky on autopay $45: 100 min Canada wide calling, unlimited international text, 4.25 GB data 

I'll keep the $7/30 days, thanks anyway.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Stuiiful-92

@Bell3 wrote:

Lucky mobile data add on is cheaper than PM. But we are eligible for 4 different rewards and the main benefit is that we have unlimited MMS which not not a feature under Lucky Mobile and that will eat-up data for them. In fact, we are really lucky 🙂

Public mobile should rebrand as Really Lucky Mobile

or Actually Lucky Mobile

Bell3

Lucky mobile data add on is cheaper than PM. But we are eligible for 4 different rewards and the main benefit is that we have unlimited MMS which not not a feature under Lucky Mobile and that will eat-up data for them. In fact, we are really lucky 🙂

MsLovely420

Oh ok thx for replying

Stuiiful-92

@MsLovely420 wrote:
Spoiler
What r u saying exactly, that PM has other add-ons like 4GB of data on 3G network???

No I mean for the price of 1GB if LTE data on PM you can buy 4GB of 3G data on lucky mobile

@MsLovely420 Ciao. Hope your new carrier is everything you hope it to be. Robot wink

MsLovely420
Spoiler
What r u saying exactly, that PM has other add-ons like 4GB of data on 3G network???

MsLovely420

I wish, that would be awesome if they did and it would ONLY MAKE PM THAT MUCH BETTER!!!

MsLovely420

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Stuiiful-92 No change to the basic plan: follow your wallet.

Stuiiful-92

@popping wrote:

@Stuiiful-92 wrote:

$5 for 500mb

$10 for 1GB

$15 for 2GB

much more reasonable prices for the data add ons and they are normal 3G speeds. They don’t roll over though so PM have them beat there but 1GB of data for $30 is outrageous 

Agree.  PM $30 1GB data add-on is expensive.  But you are comparing apples to orages.  PM add-on is LTE data  - NOT 3G.data.

For the price of of the 1GB of LTE data you can get 4GB of 3G

when I’m out and about I use my 3G data and I’m perfectly fine with the speeds I’m getting. I don’t stream anything, I mostly browse so it’s perfect for me. So I’d rather a bunch of data for cheap than faster data that is expensive 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Stuiiful-92 wrote:

$5 for 500mb

$10 for 1GB

$15 for 2GB

Agree.  PM $30 1GB data add-on is expensive.  But you are comparing apples to orages.  PM add-on is LTE data  - NOT 3G.data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Stuiiful-92 wrote:

$5 for 500mb

$10 for 1GB

$15 for 2GB

What I don't like is that you can't add data add-ons on the basic plans over at Lucky. Outrageous up front maybe but then if you're a light user then it would last you a while. As opposed to a "monthly" bucket that you might very well "waste" come the end of that month. I like the add-ons.

@Stuiiful-92 wrote:

$5 for 500mb

$10 for 1GB

$15 for 2GB

I'm certain that Public Mobile is constantly watching the competing offers.  I don't know anything about if Public Mobile will come out with anything similar,but they haven't annoucenced anything.  With that said, Chtar, Lucky, and Public do tend to copy a lot of each other's offers and promotions.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Stuiiful-92 wrote:

$5 for 500mb

$10 for 1GB

$15 for 2GB

@Stuiiful-92  I agree PM's price is kinda steep. I wish they would do what Koodo does with their add-on promos where they double up the amount. Koodo runs their promo several times a year.

Need Help? Let's chat.