cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lucky Mobile has an Unlimited additional data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps

frankieshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lucky/Chatr Mobile has an Unlimited additional data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging once you have exceeded your allotted 3G data.; how about Public Mobile going to match it?

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@k3vin15 wrote:

how to i get this 

@k3vin15 transfer your number to a new account at Lucky Mobile or Chatr Wireless.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

k3vin15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how to i get this 

frankieshi

interesting, maybe 10% of un-used data will be good enough...

srlawren

@AE_Collector wrote:

For example say half of unused data rolls over into an account like the data add-ons and the other half expires. Half would now remain available indefinitely and would be much faster at 3Mb than 128/256Kb unlimited data plans. Just an option they could consider to differentiate PM from the competition.

@AE_Collector interesting idea... but know what you know of Public Mobile so far, what do you think the odds are they could pull this off and have it work reliably?  My guess is those odds are very slim....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

frankieshi

Just in case like me last time run out of data 1 day before my plan renew, at lease I can have data to access my email without purchase a data add on...

whooo, no need. it just a marketing!

Would 128 or 256 Kb typically be fast enough to continue streaming radio? I have no idea.

Either going to much slower but unlimited data or some form of rollover data would be nice. Rollover data could be handled in ways other than all unused data remaining available for next month. For example say half of unused data rolls over into an account like the data add-ons and the other half expires. Half would now remain available indefinitely and would be much faster at 3Mb than 128/256Kb unlimited data plans. Just an option they could consider to differentiate PM from the competition.

Terry

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would really like to see this with PM as well! 🙂 

GR
Mayor / Maire

I picked the plan that has more than enough data for me plus with all the rewards it's way cheaper for me to stick with public mobile! 

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Many do want unlimited data like me. I use my data to stream music in the car because Montreal radio all sounds the same. Most play the same music. Having unlimited data would allow me to not have to watch my limit as somtimes in traffic long and and up using lots of data.

We don't know if PM will ever get unlimited data. Still PM is the better option even without unlimited data as we get rewards. No other carrier offers rewards to help lower the cost of your plan. 

mimmo

@frankieshi  no one knows. Public might  they might not. Public also has rewards which lucky and chatr don't. If you chose your plan correctly you will not ever need unlimited data.

Pick the provider that best suits your needs. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@frankieshi wrote:

Lucky/Chatr Mobile has an Unlimited additional data at reduced speeds of up to 128 Kbps for email, light browsing and messaging once you have exceeded your allotted 3G data.; how about Public Mobile going to match it?

So for curiosity, I typed "lucky unlimited" in the search box above and from just the suggested pop-up results of that search found these:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Now-that-both-Lucky-and-Chatr-have-unli...
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Will-Public-Mobile-Offer-quot-Unlimited...
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Lucky-Mobile-now-has-Unlimited-data-a...
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Why-public-mobile-not-matching-other-pr...

You're not exactly new so I said something.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Need Help? Let's chat.