cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

AM63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone with a Public Mobile SIM card and want to cancel the Public Mobile service and get a refund for the services that I did not use?

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AM63 

Wow this has been a long time for you to take care of this....although public mobile I a nonrefundable prepaid service it would certainly be within your rights to demand a refund for anything charged to your card beyond the 90 days once your service was cancelled. Previous to that would be difficult....as per @hairbag1 response include the following info :

. Explain your issue in detail and include the following in your message:

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Email, pin # and phone #.

If you don't remember your pin # include at least 3 of the following:

1. Last payment, amount, date, type and last 4 digits.
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Date of birth.
  4. Plan amount, recent changes, any add ons on account.
  5. Security question and answer. 
  6. Frequently called/texted numbers.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. Wait times average 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests.

@AM63 wrote:

I lost my phone in December 2019, but the service will be automatically charged from my credit card until now. My account disactivated  and I cannot cancel this feature.

Click on this link to start process of moderator assistance. Include as much account info as you can, like account number, phone number, PIN number.

Watch the little envelope icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when the moderators respond to your questions..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AM63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone in December 2019, but the service will be automatically charged from my credit card until now. My account disactivated  and I cannot cancel this feature.

@AM63 

After you log into your account and report your phone lost you can continue to check your voicemail by dialing your phone number and press star once your voicemail picks up then enter your voicemail pin code. You can also change your greeting to reflect that your phone is lost and/or use any of the other voicemail functions.

You can also periodically resume your service briefly to call your cellphone( in the hope that someone might answer and return your phone), send your phone a text message from another phone with a message on how to reach you and/or use the find my phone app. You can then report it lost again. Repeat this for a few days and maybe you can recover your phone.

Then if you dont recover your phone and you borrow or purchase a new phone get a new sim card either from pm ( sim cards are half price?), a retail location or order one from canadian cell supplies ($2.99-$9.99 depending on the current promotion) and replace the card within your account and report your phone found to resume your service. As long as your phone service is suspended via lost/stolen your plan will not renew thru your available balance or autopay.

Best of luck in recovering your phone....dont feel too bad my bf has lost 5 in the last year!!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so usually there are no refunds.  You can log into your account and mark your phone lost.  Once you get another phone and new sim you can mark your phone found and change your sim.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@AM63 wrote:

I lost my phone with a Public Mobile SIM card and want to cancel the Public Mobile service and get a refund for the services that I did not use?

@AM63  hi sorry there are no refunds but you can cancel your service buy removing any crediit card you may have on file

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It does not work that way. No refunds with Public Mobile as they're a prepaid service. If you have automatic payments set up. Remove your card. Also use the lost/stolen feature to block the sim. 90 days in this status with no activity or payment account will be deleted.

Need Help? Let's chat.