cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my plan?

Lucyg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid for a 90 day plan today but realized soon after that I had not added text to my plan.I then saw a $10 option for 50 mins call and text which I paid for.

Now my original 90 day plan has disappeared and all I am left with is this $10 call/text option for 30 days.

How so I get my orginal

plan reinstated? I am out $85.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

@Lucyg wrote:

I paid for a 90 day plan today but realized soon after that I had not added text to my plan.I then saw a $10 option for 50 mins call and text which I paid for.

Now my original 90 day plan has disappeared and all I am left with is this $10 call/text option for 30 days.

How so I get my orginal

Thanks in advance.

From what I've been told and can see in the plan builder, $85 would be for a data-only 1.5GB of 3g data per 90 days.  I would strongly consider the $25 Ready-made plan instead, but first see if the moderators can do something for you first.

With the 90 day $85 data-only plan, neither voice usage nor text messaging for use can be added.

As for the $85, you'll need to hope that the moderators can return that.  For future, this will happen any time a plan change is made and the option to make it take effect at next renewal isn't selected.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is very much similar to my situation when I first joined PM. I switched my plan after realising a better plan for me than the one I had earlier chosen. I had thought I was at liberty to just switch plans without financial consequences until I realised I had spent $40 extra.

Fortunately, I contacted the compassionate moderators and without further ado, the fund was returned, though to my PM account..

So all you need to do is to contact the moderators privately.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lucyg wrote:

How so I get my orginal

Thanks in advance.

Ouch!  That is a big mistake.  Definitely contact the moderators ASAP.  I'm sure since you seem to have both paid for the original and made an immediate change to a different one on the same day (IIRC), then the moderators should be able to give you credit/or change it back to what you initially had.

BTW what plan did you have that doesn't include texting, maybe you need to take another look at all the plans available and see if there is one more suitable and cheaper for your needs?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I really really hope moderators will be able to help.

In the future always read before clicking as that message that asks 'are you sure' also states that you will lose your plan.

Also if you are not sure you can always come here to community and ask questions before you commit any changes to a prepaid service. Everybody here will be very happy to help and they may even have some suggestions and tricks that could help you save some time money or both

Best luck

PS: I also hope when they give you your old plan back they also add the texting.

If they don't you can use textNow for couple of months till your next renewal assuming you have some data. It's totally free Canadian number with unlimited calls and texts to North America. 

What you probably wanted is a texting adon which public mobile doesn't have unfortunately

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You may have already made this decision, but I'd advise you to live with the $10 plan until you get in touch with a Moderator. Something tells me that more transactions will muddy the waters, and this one mistake has a better change of getting corrected without making any other moves.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lucyg wrote:

How so I get my orginal

Thanks in advance.

@Lucyg  Sounds like you messed up and did an immediate plan change.thus forfeiting your current plan and funds. At this stage your only option is to message the moderator team explain that you messed up and if it is possible to go back to your 90 plan + text option.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Lucygyou must have changed your plan  contact a moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.