cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone

Vjaime
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

so I lost my phone. I want to transfer my phone number to a different phone company, but dont have an account. I cant make an account because I cant receive text messages cuz my phone is lost

5 REPLIES 5

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is your new provider going to be Telus or Koodo?

If so, you can just ask them to port your number without the old sim or phone. Call customer service and they will help you 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Vjaime wrote:

so I lost my phone. I want to transfer my phone number to a different phone company, but dont have an account. I cant make an account because I cant receive text messages cuz my phone is lost

It will become little bit expensive...

You need new phone ($$)

Then you need to get new PM SIM card.

Then you have to log in into your PM account and replace old with new SIM card

Initiate transfer at other provider, keep PM SIM in your phone, answer YES when asked porting question

Discard PM SIM card after transfer is completed....

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Vjaime   Whether you stay in PM or not, you need to get a new phone.

After you got the new phone, if you decide to port your PM number, you would need to buy a PM SIM, login to your My Account and click Change SIM to have the system register your new SIM to your account.

Then you will buy the SIM for the new carrier and request porting.  This case you can receive Texts on your PM SIM and authorize the porting.

From what I understand, PM rarely make any exception to the SMS authorization to porting out the number.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Vjaime wrote:

So obviously, you need to buy a new phone first.

In the meantime, have you suspended service with the Lost/Stolen feature in your PM account ? When you have the new phone, you can put in a new SIM card and have all your account info switched over to the new SIM.

If you want to transfer your phone number to a different carrier, you'll have to do it while your plan at PM is still Active. So you better act quickly if you don't want to keep paying for a phone service you can't use, as if you stop the payment, the account will be closed after 90 days and you'll lose the phone number,forever.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vjaime 

you have to buy a new SIM card and Swap and after that you can gettign they SMS for porting,

or Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Need Help? Let's chat.