cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Holiday giveaway if changing to 30$ 2GB plan

kerago
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just got an answer from the moderator team. Apparently, changing to the 30$ 2gb plan will lose all unused holiday giveaway. How could that be possible? 

9 REPLIES 9

@kerago Data bonuses listed within My Promotions could possibly be remoeved from the account upon a plan change.  However, any data listed that is an add-on (not part of the main plan) listed under Data and Add-ons will stay on the account until fully used.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The misunderstanding is likely due to the "non stackable" condition.  Anything that was associated with a previous promotion would fall off once the new plan comes into effect.  Items like free data/minute bonuses not tied to any particular plan should remain whole.  I have rolled the dice and feel absolutely confident about how things will turn out.  

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

400 ld Minutes and 1g data add-on?

Not true

Extra reccuring  data tied to the promo plan? Yes

Maybe mod misunderstood

ba14ii
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

the rep i talked to on the online chat service said it may depend on how old the promotion is. but even then he wasnt sure. im changing from the old 90 day 1gb provincial calling LTE to the 30 day 1gb 3G nationwide plan come renewal and hope i dont lose the extra 2gb from promotions i have 😞

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kerago wrote:

Just got an answer from the moderator team. Apparently, changing to the 30$ 2gb plan will lose all unused holiday giveaway. How could that be possible? 

I don't understand...why would a moderator say this? 😞

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The giveaway add-ons remain in your account until they are used up.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kerago  based on what happened before when others have switched.  The holiday giveaway is tied to the account, not the plan. So should still be there after you switch. Along with all your rewards. Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This seems like a wrong answer.  What's the basis for the interpretation?  I would ignore the response which is clearly wrong.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@kerago try asking a different mod

Need Help? Let's chat.