cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for cheapest plan for pay as you go without any data & minimum calling limits.

mayurkher
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

7 REPLIES 7

A couple other ways to conserve those 100 outgoing minutes on the current $15 plan:

• Outgoing calls to Toll free numbers do not consume minutes.
  • If you're using a smartphone, Install a VoIP calling app such as TextNow or Google hangouts dialer for outgoing calls to US and Canada numbers when Wi-Fi is available.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

<edit> Oops, sorry...just noticed this was 10 days ago!

@mayurkher 

The 100 minute outgoing limit of the $15 plan is the only limitation to this least expensive plan at Public Mobile. Incoming calls are unlimited. If you make a lot of outgoing calls the 500 minutes for $5 add-on is a screaming deal. Thus if you likely make 200, 400 or 600 minutes of Outgoing calls per month you are still only hitting $20 per month. The good part is that if you use say 300 of the 500 minute add-on the rest remains on your account until you use them all up in future months. 

If you use more than 1000 minutes of Outgoing calls per month you may as well go with the $25 unlimited in and out calling plan. You will get $2/month off of any plan (not the add-on) by setting up Autopay so really only $13 or $23 every 30 days.

AE_Collector

Ammmy2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The most cheapest plan is $15 per month. Public Mobile does not have pay as you go plans. This plan works 30 days as long as you pay for that. Too look more plans simply follow the link https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#plans-start

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi again @mayurkher 

True pay as you go wild be with speakout wireless or PC mobile.

Their rates are about 30c per minute. They charge 911 fees 1.25-1.99 that they pass to government.

So for $13+tax that you would pay for 15 plan with autopay you would get at most 40 minutes with speakout. If you really need just 5-10 minutes per month, then speakout would be way too go.

Also with public mobile your bill will go down by $1 every year, so eventually it will be $8.  Speakout will give you only 22 minutes for that.

Again I strongly encourage you to look for the old 10 plan,  combined with 500min/$5 beats any payg (even without the loyalty rewards that you will most likely get or you're about to get, that plan is not around since fall)

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That plan is a great deal. I almost switched to it when my office had free wifi, but then they got rid of of it and I didn't think I could get by on just 250mb.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @mayurkher 

Welcome to public mobile

13 plan is the way to go

Unlimited incoming are gold that you can use to turn it into unlimited if you have VoIP and can setup callback

If you set your number as display in hangouts u you get unlimited North America with the little data that you get

If you have flip phone, then $5 for 500 will take you really really far especially if you have no problem asking people to call you back. 1 cent per minute can be only beaten by free.

If you don't talk much 100 is a lot to start with

The only other thing I can suggest is looking online for the old $10 plan, people do sell them. With autopay and loyalty they will cost you as low s $3 sve gives 50 minutes of combined in and out minutes. With autopay it's already $8

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

$15...limited calling but texting is included.

$15
  • 100 minutes Canada-wide talk
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
  • Unlimited incoming calls
  • Bonus 250 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed with AutoPay
  • Voicemail & Call Display

Not true "pay-as-you-go" though. Plans are 30 days duration... then renewed either with autopay or pay manually.

Need Help? Let's chat.