cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Re: Long distance

@woodrow1 wrote:

Thanks a Smiley Surprisedlot your solutions woke me up to the fact that I didn't check the area codes to closely before entering entering them into my phone.

So, out of curiosity, were you also transposing digits, when calling the intended ON number, like you did with the intended BC number(205 vs. 250)?

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@turky wrote:

Just so everyone is clear, the cross canada calling plans give you calls to all of Canada with a few exceptions so you should not have to have an addon to call . If you are trying to call the US as the op was (in error) it will be a long distance call with added charges

Hi what exceptions are there from calling within Canada?

turky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@gblackma 

In one of your first posts you said that an addon was required and I wanted to clarify so that people wern't confused.Sorry if I made it more confusing.

turky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@turky wrote:

Just so everyone is clear, the cross canada calling plans give you calls to all of Canada with a few exceptions so you should not have to have an addon to call . If you are trying to call the US as the op was (in error) it will be a long distance call with added charges

Hi what exceptions are there from calling within Canada?

I thought there were a few area codes that were not covered by the cross Canada plans but I am not sure which ones.

iPhoneUser

Are you referring to this? 

Talk option required. Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons OR U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881.

mpcdesign
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@woodrow1 , I am on the west coast, and we have so many different area codes, it isn't funny anymore. Besides the standard 604, 250, we also have 778, 236, and 672!

Just remember to dial it as 1-604-555-5555.

Granted, Ontario has more than us though! 

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 4.42.30 PM.png

mpcdesign
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No 205, only 905 and 705.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Are these all the secret area numbers @iPhoneUser ? 🤔

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Talk option required. Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons OR U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881.

iPhoneUser

@gblackma wrote:

Are these all the secret area numbers @iPhoneUser ? 🤔

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Not secret. Is on PM website. Apparently these area codes have higher charges to call into them. 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Apparently these area codes have higher charges to call into them. 

Not "Area Codes" but Exchanges within Area Codes. Or NPA-NXX.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.