cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Re: Long distance

. @woodrow1 are you currently in Canada or the US?

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

GOOD Buy...less per min. 

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

==

NOT SO GOOD Buy.....more per min. 

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes

==

Both add ons carry over month to month. 

But no doubt as @Jb456 says.....likely has twisted numbers. Means 250 not 205. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma  read his first post. When he trys to call Ontario or British Columbia. 

You asked him what area code he is dialing.

He wrote 205

205 is an Alabama area code in USA.

Clearly this has nothing to do with a USA add-on.

Likely he has the area code wrong of who he is trying to reach in Ontario or British Columbia. closest area code to what he wrote is in British Columbia which is 250.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

I agree @Jb456 I blanked out any 👍reference to the 2 add ons . My post is now blank.  Check for yourself.

will13am
Oracle

@Jb456 wrote:

@gblackma  read his first post. When he trys to call Ontario or British Columbia. 

You asked him what area code he is dialing.

He wrote 205

205 is an Alabama area code in USA.

Clearly this has nothing to do with a USA add-on.

Likely he has the area code wrong of who he is trying to reach in Ontario or British Columbia. closest area code to what he wrote is in British Columbia which is 250.

Maybe it's a typo.  Area code 250 is BC.  In the past some account would encounter provisioning problems that affected the calling feature.  The moderator team is required to do an account reset to fix the issue.  This has by and large been irradiated with all plans having Canada wide calling.  Province wide calling used to be the norm and each account is provisioned based on the area code of the number in the account.  It's a lot cleaner today.

View solution in original post

woodrow1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks a Smiley Surprisedlot your solutions woke me up to the fact that I didn't check the area codes to closely before entering entering them into my phone.

woodrow1

Everything is great now that I'm aware of the error I made.Thanks for everything

turky

Just so everyone is clear, the cross canada calling plans give you calls to all of Canada with a few exceptions so you should not have to have an addon to call . If you are trying to call the US as the op was (in error) it will be a long distance call with added charges

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

Maybe it's a typo.  Area code 250 is BC.  In the past some account would encounter provisioning problems that affected the calling feature.  The moderator team is required to do an account reset to fix the issue.  This has by and large been irradiated with all plans having Canada wide calling.  Province wide calling used to be the norm and each account is provisioned based on the area code of the number in the account.  It's a lot cleaner today.

Speaking of typos! 😉  Did you maybe intend to use, "eradicated"? 🤔 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@turky There are no additional or long distance charges on PM.  Fyi the call from Canada to the US will only work If you are on one of the grandfathered hybrid US plans,  the current $50 plan, the $8 US Canada 200 minute or the $15, 400 minute international add ons. If you don't have one of these, the call will not be completed.

@turky wrote:

Just so everyone is clear, the cross canada calling plans give you calls to all of Canada with a few exceptions so you should not have to have an addon to call . If you are trying to call the US as the op was (in error) it will be a long distance call with added charges

Need Help? Let's chat.