cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance to UK not working

Hmmm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just bought an international add on. But when I try to call UK it says Talk is not included in my plan

9 REPLIES 9

@Lol wrote:

I purchased international add-on, now says my number is blocked for security reasons. What’s up with that.

Did this come in the form of a recorded message, or a text message?

Can you make/receive any calls, in or out, to anywhere?   How about texting?

If it was a text message you received with the notification, can you screenshot the message and post here. (removing personal information)

( EDIT:  It's possible YOUR number was blocked due to spam filters.  You may need to contact Public Mobile moderators to notify.  )

@Lol wrote:

I purchased international add-on, now says my number is blocked for security reasons. What’s up with that.

@Lol 

More details are needed.  Do you see the international add on in your Data and Add on section in your self service account?  Buying an add on is a two step process.  Need to load funds and then purchase add on.  Which country are you calling?  Did you try to call a different long distance number also?  

Lol

Yes, powered down phone

Lol

@Hmmm wrote:

Yes. Add on shows up as purchased on my plan. Using country code.

- Try cycling phone off/on.

- Are you able to post a screen shot of your Data & Add-ons ?

To call the UK from the US / Canada, just follow these simple dialing directions:
  1. First dial 011, the U.S / Canada. exit code.
  2. Next dial 44, the country code for the U.K.
  3. Then the area code (2–5 digits).
  4. And finally the phone number (4–8 digits; area code plus phone number equals 10 digits).

Hmmm

Yes. Add on shows up as purchased on my plan. Using country code.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Hmmm  If the add-on has been purchased. Did you use the exit code / country code before dialing the number?

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you did the above advice, did you also cycle your phone on and off?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela....$15

Buying the add-on is a 2 step process. When you log into My Account do you see $15 in Available Funds. If so, go back now and actually buy the add-on you want.

Need Help? Let's chat.