cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance talk add-on expiration?

IvanS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, can you please tell me when I buy long distance calls add on (15$ - 400min) is it a one time purchase or a monthly subscription? Does it have expiration period?  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

bske

I would like to confirm this rule stays: if I purchase long distance add on, it will still roll over until it is used up. I heard  the policies have been changed recently. The add on data expires in a month? 

Thanks in advance for your replies. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a one time purchase. The add-on will stay on your account until you fully consume the available of mins. 

@IvanS:

This is a key point that I didn't grasp initially when I was shopping around to change my cell service. I was looking at Koodo thinking "ok, base - plus minutes, plus data...well that does add up". But no. Buy it once and then consume it over time. And then buy it again. It's the same at Koodo but I'm here now.

@krazykiwi wrote:

@IvanS wrote:

Thanks for the lightning speed reply!

It rolls over until completely used up but won't renew. If you want it again you have to manually purchase it. As well you can not double up with the same add-on. It has to be finished before you are able to purchase again.

@krazykiwi

Is this a recent change that I missed?

While US roaming add-ons work the way you described, LD minute and data add-ons (for use in Canada) have been stackable. I did the last LD minute top up in May 2018, having 10minutes left on my previous add-on I had no problem adding another 400. 

IvanS

I see. Good to know, Thanks!

@IvanS wrote:

It rolls over until completely used up but won't renew. If you want it again you have to manually purchase it. As well you can not double up with the same add-on. It has to be finished before you are able to purchase again.

IvanS

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@IvanS It is a one time purchase. The add-on will stay on your account until you fully consume the available of mins. 

Need Help? Let's chat.