cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance plan to phone Canada from away the country

ddsmak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does Public Mobile offer long distance plans that I can call back to Canada while I am away outside Canada?

6 REPLIES 6

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

+1 for using Google Hangouts app.  Lots of free wifi around in US and Canada. I can even make long distance calls in the parking lot outside McDonalds because their signal is so strong.  Cheers

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ddsmak wrote:

Does Public Mobile offer long distance plans that I can call back to Canada while I am away outside Canada?

@ddsmak  Other than the $60 US plan and US roaming add ons to use down there public mobile does not have any roaming agreements elsewhere in the world. If you don't want to depend on WiFi for access to calling, texting and data while you are away I suggest you purchase a sim/plan for where you plan to travel. Very few countries have cellphone rates as high as ours. Most are incredibly cheap and expansive. For example all of continental Europe or all of the UK and Ireland. Just do a little research before you go...there are lots promotions for free or €1 or £1 SIM cards and €5/£5 monthly plans. Just pop out your pm SIM and put in theirs. Just don't lose it! Have a fab time. YOLO!

MrHelp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The US-roaming bundle is pretty good if you're travelling to the USA. You get unlimited text, unlimited call and 250mb data for $20 (plus tax) for 10 days. You can also make calls locally in the USA! I recommend you purchase the add-on before crossing the border and turn on the data roaming once you are enter the country.

bon voyage!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ddsmak , I recommend google hangouts/hangouts dialer app.  This provide free calls to Canada/US from anywhere in the world for free.  The voice quality is fantastic.  

@ddsmak wrote:

This type of thing is only offered if you are travelling in the U.S.  Otherwise, you would have to use a local carrier or use the internet for your communication needs.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ddsmak wrote:

Only from US if you have the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on...nothing for any other countries  You could try a free voip app like TextNow that works great as long as you have a robust wifi signal.

Need Help? Let's chat.