cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance on the promotional 12gb plan

glamoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am on the 12GB Data/90 days plan. From my plan details, i see that it includes Unlimited Provincial Talk.

Yesterday was the first time i called a number starting ith 519xxxxxxx, it prompted me saying that this is a long distance call and you will be charged. I immediately hung up though.

I am wondering does my plan not cover the 519 area code?

Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My humble apologies for going off topic and hijacking this thread.  

Got it
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Samianauman wrote:
@will13am
Thank you for the suggestion point noted 😇

You are welcome.  Each time you post, ask yourself does the issue require access into a customer's account that cannot be accomplished by providing guidance on how to use a private message to achieve this objective.  If not then go ahead, hit the assistance light.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Technically you are still calling "long distance" even if you are in the same province.

Putting the +1 will bypass the long distance warning message.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@glamoe Because PM is prepaid your are NEVER charged extra. If you try to use an unpaid service it just fails.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@will13am
Thank you for the suggestion point noted 😇
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Samianauman wrote:
I noticed too if I call Toronto its say same thing but they don't charge your anything since I m on the same plan province wide as well its a error it always says that if m in Toronto calling Hamilton I still get msg long distances charges may apply but I haven't seen any charges so check if you get charged if not ignore and if you do get charge then send a msg to mod @Mary_M with phone and user name with explanation they will look after you

At the risk of being obnoxious, please don't tag moderators needlessly in all your posts.  I don't know if you are aware, when you do that, it brings the post to their attention.  If they don't need to follow up, it distracts them from doing other more important tasks.  Imagine you are a flight attendant and everybody presses the assistance light for fun over and over again.  Those of us who have been on this forum for a while have taken to limiting the use of tagging as a way to help the moderators.  Please, be part of the solution, not the problem.  Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation.

Thx @JasonT1983 for confirmation I just tried calling brother in Toronto adding 1 does resolve the long distance msg

JasonT1983
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can confirm adding +1 will def work. Did you a few times already

I will also add that to my knowledge adding +1 work with long distance I didn't tried that thx @mimmo will try that

glamoe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @mimmo for the tips, adding +1 in front solved the message for me.

I was making long distance provincial call, didn't know that they still prompt the warning without the +1 prefix eventhough we have unlimited provincial wide calling.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I noticed too if I call Toronto its say same thing but they don't charge your anything since I m on the same plan province wide as well its a error it always says that if m in Toronto calling Hamilton I still get msg long distances charges may apply but I haven't seen any charges so check if you get charged if not ignore and if you do get charge then send a msg to mod @Mary_M with phone and user name with explanation they will look after you

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you cant be charged for anything because you are prepaid.  

if you wnat to call out of province you nneed to buy the long distence addon.  i get the call you are making is long distance calling insice provice ocasionally sometime you jut need to puythe 1 in front and that slves the mesage. 

Need Help? Let's chat.