cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance not working

Kkahwu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $25 for 30 days plan, which includes Unlimited Canada-wide Talk. I'm currently living in Ontario, and just tried calling my nan who's in Newfoundland, and I got a message saying that I do not have the correct add on for long distance calling. Now, unlimited Canada wide talk means I can call any province, correct? If so, why isn't it working? 

3 REPLIES 3

@Kkahwu wrote:

I have the $25 for 30 days plan, which includes Unlimited Canada-wide Talk. I'm currently living in Ontario, and just tried calling my nan who's in Newfoundland, and I got a message saying that I do not have the correct add on for long distance calling. Now, unlimited Canada wide talk means I can call any province, correct? If so, why isn't it working? 

The message about long distance charges possibly applying can be bypassed entirely but dialing a 1 in front of the area code.

The message about needing a long distance add-on or that talk is not included in the plan cannot be fixed by simply inserting a 1.  If the number is being dialed correctly, this might be an account provisioning issue.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kkahwu 

Could you please check if you dialed correctly.

Every time this happens to me I ended up dialing USA number accidentally.

@Kkahwu wrote:

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Kkahwu try again and put a 1 in front of the number or let it go after you hear that message and it should connect!  I just put 1 in front of all my saved numbers in my contacts 

Need Help? Let's chat.