cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance doesnt work...

Defectiveai67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. I have had public mobile for over a year,and have had No LD at all the entire time. 
I try calling and it says its not available on my phone because I don't have an LD add on. Apparently I do, and this is a safety phone so if I have no LD, it's a  useless plan. How do I get reimbursed for all the LD that I have not had??

My PlanMy PlanThanx, Nor...

16 REPLIES 16

Defectiveai67
its fixed. thanx

@Defectiveai67 

Probably a good idea to have the moderators reset your account and/or reprovision your sim card as this issue is likely to reoccur if its been giving you problems for such a long time. I have had it occur 3 or 4 times in the past 20 months but only for a few minutes to an hour or so and it fixes itself but a persistant problem needs to be looked at possibly by the moderator opening a ticket with the tech team.

Defectiveai67

I couldn't call to the nearest town to me, that is considered LD... I don't care about the us or anywhere else... just ca... but since it's working now, ... I put in a service tag... but because of my medical issues, when I had needed to call out of town I couldn't I had t use someone else's phone...

@Defectiveai67 

Lol....good to see you have a sense of humour! Laughter can get us thru the worst of times. BTW... to reply to a member in particular you can tag them by tapping the "@" key and a box will pop up with usernames in it. Tap the name or continue to type the name until it pops up in the box....

@Defectiveai67 

You have found the community now....we are very helpful and can answer almost any question you may have. Don't be afraid to ask. The more you learn the better you can manage your account and services. If you hang out here and contribute even if its just offering your opinion or your experience you may even earn a community reward to help reduce your bill. Welcome to the pm community!

Defectiveai67
Thank you.
Thats why my son named me his "DEFECTIVE AI"...

Defectiveai67

Thanx, already done. I guess thats why it is finally working!! 🙂

@Defectiveai67 

Aha....so the problem has fixed itself. Pm plans are canada wide so local calling is across canada. To call outside of canada requures the purchase of the correct international calling add on. I do not see a credible reason to ask for a credit for your $15 plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Defectiveai67 : Sorry to hear about your brain issues. Perhaps you could answer or try some of the suggestions offered so far.

And to add...is it any number? Is it just one number? Would you be willing to share the area code and prefix of the number (s) you're trying to dial. (not the last 4 digits)

Edit: nvm Glad it seems to be working now.

@Defectiveai67 

You cannot get reimbursed for services you have not used or tried to resolve for the past year. The 1000 min add on was a freebie so there would be no credit for it since it was not purchased. If you had this issue and dialing ( 1 ) before the number and/or waiting for the message to finish does not complete your call then your sim card needs to be reprovisioned by the moderators.

Click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type account specific issue followed by human. Follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen the envelope icon next your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Defectiveai67

Well it looks like someone finally fixed it. YAAA now to just figure out about a rebate or refund for at least some of the time 
I have had only local calling all this time. 

Defectiveai67

Because i have brain issues. as i said it is a safety phone. I know it looks fine but it simply doesn't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Defectiveai67 : Your plan looks fine. You have the 100 minutes with 98 left that renews each 30 days. You're also apparently from BC or AB with the 1000 minutes that remains untouched that you can use over time as needed when you might use all your 100 minutes.

You can call from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in Canada.

Why has this taken a whole year for you to decide to deal with this problem?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Which country are you trying to call ?  There are different LD add-ons for different countries. 

If you are call to another province dial 1 + area code.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Defectiveai67...

try dialing a long distance number. Ignore the message that you don't have LD....does the call actually go through ?

Need Help? Let's chat.