cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance calling...

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I know that as someone who pays for canada-wide calling I can anyone in Canada, however what if I wanted to call outside of Canada? For example China or France? I know no one there but I'm curious.

Also what about incoming calls? I know incoming Canada calls are free.

11 REPLIES 11

@Sangita wrote:

I am not able to call to Nepal

Can I do that  by adding International calling add on?

Thanks

@Sangita  Unfortunately Nepal is not on the list so that add-on will not work for you.

Sangita
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not able to call to Nepal

Can I do that  by adding International calling add on?

Thanks

Obice

@mh1983 wrote:

You could also use Google Hangouts or Fongo to make international calls. Fongo's nice because you're assigned an actual number (used within the app), but you might want to compare the LD rates first.

Yeah, I'm well aware of Fongo.

Usually rates are about 2 cents a minute. What I've always found problematic with Fongo is that since it is VOIP there are cut outs and sometimes dropped calls, quite annoying. So pay $20 for 1,000 LD minutes and have your calls not always reliable/stable or pay $15 for 400 minutes and have more stability (in theory... cell phone calls can be dropped it's rare though).

I have had Bell internet and Cogeco, Bell seemed to work fine with Fongo, Cogeco on the other hand... calls would drop within 2-5 minutes. Currently I am with TekSavvy.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You could also use Google Hangouts or Fongo to make international calls. Fongo's nice because you're assigned an actual number (used within the app), but you might want to compare the LD rates first.

Obice

@geopublic wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Hi,

I know that as someone who pays for canada-wide calling I can anyone in Canada, however what if I wanted to call outside of Canada? For example China or France? I know no one there but I'm curious.

@Obice  All incoming calls are free for talk plans $15 and above. In fact ,even if one of the astronauts from the ISS decided to call you that incoming call would be free. Smiley Happy

Hmmm, I have no astronaut family but good to know.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Obice wrote:

Hi,

@Obice  All incoming calls are free for talk plans $15 and above. In fact ,even if one of the astronauts from the ISS decided to call you that incoming call would be free. Smiley Happy

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If the country that you want to call is not listed then you could alternatively buy a Long distance calling card available at most retailers or use wi-fi apps like Skype, Fongo, or Textnow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Obice wrote:

@sulagok wrote:

Hi @Obice , below are the list of countries you may call with addon for $15

400 International Long Distance minutes
Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Oh wow, I had known that this add on existed I just thought it was devouted to the United States only.

There's the 200 minute add-on that is Canada/US.

There's the 500 minute add-on that is just Canada.

All three are only for while IN Canada.

Obice

@sulagok wrote:

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Oh wow, I had known that this add on existed I just thought it was devouted to the United States only.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can buy a long distance addon 15$/400 minutes and it allows you to call about 16 countries. Countries are listed in the plan page under addons.

Inconing calls calls cost nothing unless you are on the 50 min plan

sulagok

Need Help? Let's chat.