cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance add on

Simmo69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning...I am travelling to Panama in 4 weeks and will need to make calls locally down there. When should I purchase the add on to have that ability to make calls

4 REPLIES 4

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe a local prepaid SIM or global travel SIM for the local calls, and I'd recommend installing something like Fongo so you can call back to Canada for free over WiFi or data (data would incur a charge, obviously).

@Simmo69, you probably already have Facebook Messenger or another chat app installed.  You can use this as your connection to home while away on WiFi or cellular data.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Simmo69 There are no Panama addons with Public Mobile, only addons for the US. You can get a prepaid plan there when you land. You could use What's App, Viber, ect instead, but depending where you go free wifi can be difficult to find.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Simmo69 wrote:

Good morning...I am travelling to Panama in 4 weeks and will need to make calls locally down there. When should I purchase the add on to have that ability to make calls

Nothing for Panama with public mobile @Simmo69 . PM has US roaming add-on only.  Look for local SIM card when you arrive.

Before you leave, you can setup WhatsApp with your family. Everyone in your family need to install WhatsApp on their cellphone. You can send messages over WiFi to family as soon as you get WiFI connection.  

Need Help? Let's chat.