Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance Call’s it working

Bassy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. 

I pay 8$ for 200 usa minutes per month. 

Just added 15$ because the LD not working. Still not working. 

Can anyone advise whats what’s going on?

and why there is no way to reach contact support. ?

ty

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...so I went looking...seems Mexico starts from $0.00/min. Looks free to me.

Sure...a bunch of other central american countries can get pricy.

I stand corrected. I was merely going by the free plan stating "Calls to USA & Canada are always unlimited." but indeed upon checking the International calling rates, Mexico, UK, as "From $0.00/min" ... I wonder why it's not listed as "Free!" like Canada & USA... Maybe needs a plan or something...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar wrote:

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Bassy See if PM charged your credit card or not. If you have not been charged, you can think about having a free calling app, such as TextNow. You can call any numbers to North America for FREE as long as you have internet access. 

Forgive my pedantic self... Mexico is part of North America, and is not included. Furthermore, there are supposedly 23 sovereign states in North America, of which only 2 are covered by textnow. Smiley Wink

Well...so I went looking...seems Mexico starts from $0.00/min. Looks free to me.

Sure...a bunch of other central american countries can get pricy.

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Bassy See if PM charged your credit card or not. If you have not been charged, you can think about having a free calling app, such as TextNow. You can call any numbers to North America for FREE as long as you have internet access. 

Forgive my pedantic self... Mexico is part of North America, and is not included. Furthermore, there are supposedly 23 sovereign states in North America, of which only 2 are covered by textnow. Smiley Wink

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Bassy 

When you buy that add-on it will not last only a month, it will stay with you until completely used up. 

When you purchase it it should show up in your data/addon list, if it's not there go tohttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi... and make the purchase as it looks like you already have enough money inn your account

@Bassy  If you have purchased the add on and it's showing in your overview page under "my plan and add ons" and it is not working reboot your phone. Try again. If not. Go to settings. Turn on airplane mode. Wait 10 minutes. Turn airplane mode off. Reboot phone. Try again.

If you're getting a message saying you need a long distance plan...ignore the message your call should connect afterwards. Or put a (1) in front of the number. Check your overview to see if minutes are showing by the add on  0/200 min or 1/200 min..... if no minutes are being used and the add on is there then contact a moderator.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Bassy wrote:

Hi. 

ty

There isn't anything about the add-ons that are monthly charges?  Do you use 200 minutes each 30 days?  These are a one time purchase and stay on your account until fully consumed.  As others have suggested have you done the two-step process?  

Purchasing addons is a two-step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bassy  If your account is showing a balance of $23 it means that you haven't purchased the addon yet that is why it's not working. When you go into your selfserve does the addon show on your first page? If not, then just purchase the $8 US/Canada and make the call.

If it does show the addon then submit a ticket to support.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@Bassy wrote:

Hi. 

ty

Have you puchased the add-ons or have you just submitted payment for them?  Public Mobile requires customers to first top up the account before add-ons can be purcahsed. If you try to purchase an add-on before a top up has been done (or you otherwise don't already have sufficient account balance), the procdure does nothing more than top up your account.

Which plan do you do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.